Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Star Wars Episode 4.

That Star Destroyer = Awesome.

Watchmen opening was great, actually that whole movie was amazing(besides the exaggerated sex scenes) but was a great effort to recreate an amazing graphic novel.

Deleted
    I would have to say my favourite opening scene to a movie would have to be... Superman returns the rest of the film (excluding the airline/shuttle action scenes) was pretty poor though.

The opening title sequence was simply amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saving Private Ryan by a mile
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

There's been mentioned quite many good opening scenes.

But I can't believe no one mentioned the intro of Pixar's Up. One of the best in recent years. So much emotion and storytelling without a single word. It's mindblowing. Please watch even if those types of movies aren't your cup of tea, it's only about 4 mins long and I'm sure you will be moved to tears.

Last edited by Sethlol; 2011-08-30 at 05:08 PM.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

The opening scene from Gangs of New York is pretty epic.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Deleted
    The Watchmen opening was pretty great. i guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    There's been mentioned quite many good opening scenes.

But I can't believe no one mentioned the intro of Pixar's Up. One of the best in recent years. So much emotion and storytelling without a single word. It's mindblowing. Please watch even if those types of movies aren't your cup of tea, it's only about 4 mins long and I'm sure you will be moved to tears.

Oh my GOD. I watched this movie alone, right after being dumped, at 1am on a Tuesday. This scene made me cry like a little kid!

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 10:44 AM ----------

This is totally one of my favorite opening scenes to a movie of all time. Sarah Silverman getting punched in the fucking face! >

Warning, some fairly colorful language is this clip, my not be safe for work.

“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

I can't believe no one has mentioned, the first 10 minutes of Full Metal Jacket was probably the best part of the whole movie imo.

When this started, while sitting on opening day in a full movie theatre and utterly unable to stop smiling.

The opening scene to Super Troopers, maybe not the most epic but DEFINITELY the funniest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad this thread slowed down, I really liked it
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the beginning of Star Wars 3; the two ships diving into a space battle, ships exploding everywhere, cannons firing, more explosions, and the fact that its all one continuous scene...no camera transitions until the characters start talking.

Oh my god I forgot about this, the way of the gun intro was so bloody amazing. But Super Troopers also had a great one.
    Last edited by freelapdance; 2011-09-03 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    The opening scene from Gangs of New York is pretty epic.
    I second this. Also troy was pretty good, Fellowship of the Ring, Saving Private Ryan, and one of favs being...Super Troopers!