Deleted

Baleroc Question

Ok so my guild have been doing Baleroc recently and I am one of the people on shards (we are doing 10 man), I have been told that I should not take anymore than 12 stacks and run on 11 (I have been told over and over that the shards have 24 stacks in all) now when I take 12 stacks the person after me can go to 13-15 and obviously this does not add up to 24.

How we used to do it (me and the other person on the shard) is we would take 13 stacks each and that would work fine which would make it 26 stacks but after todays raid I got told that that is not the way you are supposed to do it.

So basically I am asking whether it is 24 or 26 stacks and if it is 24 stacks why are we getting this problem of the stacks not adding up.

12-13 splits it about even, but if your healers are keeping you up whats the problem either way

it gives a total of 25 stacks, so someone is going to have to take 13 or more if youre splitting it between 2

Maybe they want slightly higher stacks on the 2nd person due to the odd healing mechanics on the fight?

You should ask your healers why they want this if you're confused.

It's 25, move on 12 - take 13, don't take 14.

Deleted
    Ok thanks for the answers, it was as I thought, we was fine doing it take 13 stacks each but tonight one of the healers (isn't one of our healers was a healer from another division within the guild who has this boss on farm) asked me how many stack I was taking and told me I was doing it wrong and each person should take no more than 12.

I will revert back to the way I used to do it as it seemed to work,

Thanks again.

Having a shadowpriest take 25 is also extremely viable. Have them take 11, get a PS/Sac/Barrier (just one), then at 19 they disperse till 25. With glyph they can pretty much take every 3rd one.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way we do it which also provided us the achivements are three teams of two and the use of defensive cool downs.

For example, the first group consists of a shadow priest and me. Spriest pops dispersion and lets the stacks go really high to allow more of that healing buff thing, then I barksin and eat the rest. The second groups is a death knight who soaks up more stacks due to anti magic shield, and the third group has a warrior who can do something every other time he takes the shard. Once the cycle repeats, all the CDs should be available to use again save for the warrior/ret combo who take a little extra healing.

1 - Spriest / Feral Druid
    2 - Frost DK / Mage
    3 - Fury Warrior / Ret Pal

With the higher stacks applied from torment, and an early Timewarp, those who require the extra stacks to heal the tank through decimating blade have no issue at all since they get a crazy amount of stacks. Keep doing this, and you'll beat the time with no issue and get the achievement.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2011-08-09 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    In 10 we have everyone take 9 stacks.
    Although when we 2 heal it I as a shadow priest take the WHOLE stard by hand of sacrifice at 13 stacks, disperse at 19. Healers can get upwards of 60 stacks with blood lust. Which is alot for the first few decimations. My dps gets fucked over but, we get a one shot every time.

the reason could be the next person taking after you have better defensive abilities, such as dispersion, feral instinct + frenzy regen + barkskin, etc.

My group always do it with a feral kitty taking the entire 1st shard using all his cds.

You're healer's obsessions with you getting exactly 12 stacks may have to do with how Vital Spark is described. You get one Vital Spark for every three Torment on your target, , 12 / 3 yields exactly 4 Vital Sparks. He probably doesn't want you to take a 13th because he thinks it will be wasted.

However, Vital Sparks are awarded for every stack of three Torment, even if it is a partial stack. So 1 Torment yields 1 Vital Spark, 13 would yield 5 Vital Sparks.

So don't worry about taking a 13th, unless the healer can't keep you alive.

Deleted
    We started on this boss yesturday, just checked a movie or two about it, at first i though you 2 tanked it but we saw that it was possible to solo tank it aswell, so we tried that.

Struggled with the first 20 seconds, but then realized that i could pop all defensive CD's and be kept up by a single healer untill the first weapon change most often this was the fire blades, then out healers switched to healing torment while i took the fireblades with AMS and Mirror, We used a SP to soak the first crystal altho we didnt think about using a sac or barrier (thanks for the advice) so he only took about 19 with dispersion, and our druid climbed to 55 stacks on the first crystal and after that he healed me twice while the 2 others heals were stacking on a DK who took 19~with Ams only problem was that the last 30-40% i needed 2 healers to heal me on the damn shadow blades since i took 1.2 million hits :S

We got it down after 1-1½ hour main problem was getting everyone to execute rotations.