Thread: Am I Insane ?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke

Am I Insane ?

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask this simple question and see the general response.

Am I insane if i wish every rapist / murderer ( that is rightfully convicted where he confesses to what he has done ),
    is given his crime as his punishment and then given the death sentence by torture? I know this may be a bit " too much " but with whats going on around the world with the amount of gruesome crimes ( murder / rape.... etc ) do you think it would be " just deserved " so to say?

I wouldn't say insane, but I don't agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insane? Maybe not.
    Bad idea? Yes.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

15+ Year Old Account
    An eye for an eye would leave the world blind......

And yes you are Insane for capitalizing Insane.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind. ( i know saying this is so corny but hey somone had to ) And bwt i dont think anyone deserves any kind of aggresive torture whatever even if they did a horrible crime... keep them locked away in okay conditions -okay. Execute them -no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    I wouldn't say insane, but I don't agree with you.
    Basically this.

Restorative Justice > retributive justice

You're insane if you think they could actually enforce a law in which people would have to voluntarily rape rapists.... that would have to be the highest paying job ever, criminal justice funds are already spread too thin.

Not to mention it would probably create a bunch of fucked up people in the process who were having to perform the rapes.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    what if we could say.. " make the punishment slightly more painful / less human " ?

I've never heard 'an eye for an eye would leave the world blind' but I love it immensely. Truth is truth
    *Serious face... fist in air.*

Violent crimes have not risen. Our exposure to it through media, camera phones and internet has risen. Crazy people will always be there.
    I would have agreed with You years ago, but so many people that were convicted years ago have been freed due to DNA evidence. So we still have the long proccess or proving their guilt. I do however agree. If they admit it, are caught red handed or video'd commiting a violent crime especially to a child. we should spend 20 cents on a bullet, shoot them in the head and drop them in a hole.

Deleted
    Killing someone who has killed makes you no better than them in my opinion. Yes motive comes into it but i still think other options are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    what if we could say.. " make the punishment slightly more painful / less human " ?
    No. I'm nipping it in the bud right now. No torture, no subhuman abuse, no. You're a fruitcake. Stop it. Stop it right now.

Deleted
    So basically you want to give all criminals more incentive to deny their crimes and put victims' families through the court process instead >_>?

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem:

Current system: they admit their crime, they get their punishment (might not be enough in your eyes, but they ARE getting punished).

Your system: knowing you will be tortured to death if you say yes, would you admit that?

And if you just do it with "reasonable evidence" anyway can you be 100% you won't do this to innocent people by accident?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe all men can be "restored." Some just need to be removed from the population. But that doesn't mean even death necessarily, much less torture. We lose a bit of our humanity when we allow ourselves (as a society) to endorse that kind of punishment. I admit, some crimes are so horrifying, I struggle to overcome my own thoughts of wrath. But we must, or ultimately, we are devaluing human life, regardless of the reasons.

You're thinking on a primal level. It's not insane (yet), but it's purely emotional.

Now, if you want to do it yourself, and then slap them with a banana repeatedly, you might be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask this simple question and see the general response.

Am I insane if i wish every rapist / murderer ( that is rightfully convicted where he confesses to what he has done ),
    is given his crime as his punishment and then given the death sentence by torture? I know this may be a bit " too much " but with whats going on around the world with the amount of gruesome crimes ( murder / rape.... etc ) do you think it would be " just deserved " so to say?

best idea I ever saw was in a movie... they beat his ass and tattoed "RAPIST" on his forehead...

we need more sherrif Joe Arpaios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

Arpaio set up a "Tent City" as an extension of the Maricopa County Jail.[24] Arpaio has described Tent City as a concentration camp.[25] Tent City is located in a yard next to a more permanent structure containing toilets, showers, and an area for meals.[26] It has become notable particularly because of Phoenix's extreme temperatures.
    On July 2, 2011, when the temperature in Phoenix hit 118 °F (48 °C), Arpaio measured the temperature inside Tent City at 145 °F (63 °C). Some inmates complained that fans near their beds were not working, and that their shoes were melting from the heat.[27] During the summer of 2003, when outside temperatures exceeded 110 °F (43 °C), Arpaio said to complaining inmates, "It's 120 degrees in Iraq and the soldiers are living in tents, have to wear full body armor, and they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your mouths."[28] Unlike the Korean War surplus tents used in Tent City[29], tents housing U.S. Army Soldiers in Iraq are air conditioned.[30]
    In 1997, Amnesty International published a report on Arpaio's jails which found that Tent City is not an "adequate or humane alternative to housing inmates in suitable . . . jail facilities."[31] Tent City is criticized by groups contending that there are violations of human and constitutional rights.[32] Those critical of Arpaio also point out that the vast majority of inmates within Tent City have not been convicted; rather, they are merely awaiting trial.[33] Arpaio's claim that these inmates committed crimes, they argue, reflects Arpaio's contempt for the American Constitution and the explicit right it grants to a "presumption of innocence."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    wrath is a sin.
    As long as lust's on that list, I'm going to pass it up as valid :-p.

People who are truly insane do not realize that they are, nor would they consider their thoughts and actions such.

OT: Festering hate in your heart only blackens your own soul.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2011-08-09 at 10:37 PM.