Thread: FPS Issue

FPS Issue

First off i would like to note that i did try some of the recommended things to try in the stickied post, i tried playing full screen, i disabled the combat log and i deleted recount and i really saw no improvement, so there isin't any reason to throw that link at me .

So im running a HP G60 Laptop, not the ideal gaming pc but it was cheap on boxing day and at least wow boots up on it.

Normally I can function on around 7FPS, it gets me through 10 mans and arenas, but 25mans are basically out of the question and sometimes BG's are too.
    Lately ive been getting huge spikes where im at 0 FPS and i just wanna break this thing over my knee. So i went into the task manager and was looking at some of the processes and i noticed something.

i can only imagine that having 15 of the same process is going to only slow down my computer.

So long story short how, im looking for any suggestions on how to get rid of those processes and any other tips you may have to get my FPS up, im not looking for like 40 FPS and to run on ULTRA settings im looking to at least get it into double didgits. Any help you can give me is appriciated cus im about ready to just take it to geek squad and have them wipe my HD and start fresh and see what i get from that.

Are you proud of what you have created?

Those are service host processes.. for running services from dll files. They aren't all doing the same thing.
    Switch to the "services" tab and see if there are some that you don't need. Disabling the services will remove the need for so many svchost.exe's lol... just be sure not to disable services you need.

There's not much you can do to help your fps without getting a new computer... the cpu and video card are both too weak for wow.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.