Stats. 10 mans (disc priest)

Hey, I'm currently raiding with a druid and a paladin as healers in 10 man firelands. I usually take the role as a raid healer and fill in as the off tank healer. I was jw what stats you guys would suggest to me for my situation. Also opinions on AA/A for my current situation as well.

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Collins/simple
    as you can see in my armory, i'm currently reforged into straight haste. I'm at 13.68% with darkness and no buffs. If it helps, my mastery reaches about 18.5-19 rating when fully reforged. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so as I can see, you're putting a bit too much into Haste, full raid buffed with about 10.5'ish% unbuffed should get you to about 15% haste in a raid. Honestly, I can't really speak too much as I'm a tank healer in my raid, but, you're going to be looking at getting a little more mastery then you already have on your gear. 12% is exceptionally low and I'd be looking to get around 15 Mastery or so. Just my 2 cents, but see how things work out.

INT > SPIR > MAST > CRIT/HASTE

Reforge with that priority.

Try grab pieces that have int/spir and then when your mana management is fine reforge 40% of the spir to mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    INT > SPIR > MAST > CRIT/HASTE

Reforge with that priority.

Try grab pieces that have int/spir and then when your mana management is fine reforge 40% of the spir to mastery.
    Honestly, unless you're the bubble slut of your raid, and I don't think you would be I seriously do not reccomend reforging into Mastery as a main stat. Haste should be your main stat for quicker use of Prayer of Healing, and be sure that it is critting to some extent for DA pops, and be sure to have PoH glyphed for the HoT. This really pads and shields your group well, as well as being able to fill in as a Tank Healer. Go Haste>Crit>Mastery, have the Haste far ahead, and then try and have an even stat weighting for Crit and Mastery, keeping them basically on par with one another.

alright so ill try to drop a little bit of haste so i still get the 2.1 poh, and then get some more mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    bubble slut
    Stealing this phrase. I've been going with a balance of haste and mastery.

you can try loosing some spirit as well (for example change bracers chant to int), going down to 2500 you wont notice the difference, going lower should be still safe but id say it depends on playstyle, worth experimenting though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    Honestly, unless you're the bubble slut of your raid, and I don't think you would be I seriously do not reccomend reforging into Mastery as a main stat. Haste should be your main stat for quicker use of Prayer of Healing, and be sure that it is critting to some extent for DA pops, and be sure to have PoH glyphed for the HoT. This really pads and shields your group well, as well as being able to fill in as a Tank Healer. Go Haste>Crit>Mastery, have the Haste far ahead, and then try and have an even stat weighting for Crit and Mastery, keeping them basically on par with one another.
    Allthough Disc and an occasional PoH is decent for raidhealing, focusing his stats on his PoH's while Disc specced, makes no sense to me. If you are assigned to raidheal, Holy is the way go, as is haste. Disc is a fantastic all-around spec, great for tank healing and good for support raidhealing. Mastery helps you on every aspect, while haste seems a waste for tankhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzler View Post
    Allthough Disc and an occasional PoH is decent for raidhealing, focusing his stats on his PoH's while Disc specced, makes no sense to me. If you are assigned to raidheal, Holy is the way go, as is haste. Disc is a fantastic all-around spec, great for tank healing and good for support raidhealing. Mastery helps you on every aspect, while haste seems a waste for tankhealing.
    I actually do just as well raid healing in Disc as I do in Holy, the mind set of you need to be holy to raid heal is just absurd. I love Holy but the times I played Holy in raid I always felt something was missing.

Haste is a great stat for disc priest ESPECIALLY while tank healing, when healing on Rag the faster a spell gets off the more survivability your tanks have, don't say Haste is a wasted stat if you're tank healing. I have actually moved away from Mastery as a Stat on my priest, I keep a little bit but I'm not heavy on it anymore, these fights require a quick reaction time and the less time I have to spend casting a spell the more time I have to hurry up and move out of the way of the lava wave that's coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collins, I know you are a fan of matching socket bonus, but take a look at what you could gain by changing four of your mix gems to pure Int.
    You would end up gaining 80 Int, and only lose 60 Spirit. You are running at 2697 combat regen (before raid buffs) and have DMC for another 540 spirit.
    Also, change you bracer chant to +50 Int, giving you 130 +Int increasing every heal/absorb you cast.

Intellect wins out over all other stats, give it a try, bet you won't miss the minor drop in spirit at all, but WILL see the increase in your throughput.

I raid in a 10m as disc with a holy paladin and either a shaman or a druid (more often the druid).
    I prefer to keep 12.5% haste raid buffed, not because of the renew threshold or anything, but just because after T11 I find that to be a comfortable level. After that I prioritize mastery>crit>haste.

While I wouldn't refer to myself as the "bubble slut" of my raid group, I do balance a lot of my healing off of DA, making mastery an appealing stat.

Disc priest stats are balanced heavily around raid comp and player preference. Do what makes you feel comfortable and best fits your healing style, and you will be just fine.