Thumbs down Amazon tribe may have fallen victim to Drug Traffickers :(

As the title says. This is the article:
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Suspected Peruvian drug traffickers have destroyed a guard post protecting a recently discovered indigenous tribe in Brazil's Amazon rain forest, the aid group Survival International reports.

Aerial film and still images of the tribe were first shown to the world in February. The Brazilian government's National Indian Foundation established the guard station near the tribe's territory along Brazil's border with Peru to protect the Indians from outsiders.

Survival International said Monday that Brazilian authorities can now find no sign of the tribe.

"We think the Peruvians made the Indians flee. ... We are more worried than ever. This situation could be one of the biggest blows we have ever seen in the protection of uncontacted Indians in recent decades. It’s a catastrophe," Carlos Travassos, the head of Brazil's isolated Indians department, said in a Survival International statement.

Survival International reports the tribe's lands are near the Envira River, which Peruvian cocaine smugglers reportedly use as a route into Brazil.

Brazilian authorities report groups of men armed with machine guns and rifles are in the nearby forest, according to the aid group.

Authorities had recovered a drug trafficker's rucksack with a broken Indian arrow in it, Survival International reported.

"This is extremely distressing news. There is no knowing how many tribal peoples the drug trade has wiped out in the past, but all possible measures should be taken to stop it happening again. The world’s attention should be on these uncontacted Indians, just as it was at the beginning of this year when they were first captured on film," Survival International Director Stephen Corry said in a statement.
    I remember seeing video footage of this tribe, not sure if it is the same one but i thought it was amazing that people can live like that in this day and age going about their business how they want to. Now if this is true i think it really sucks. Freaking drug traffickers messing peoples lives up (well they always do that), the way of life that these people have been accustomed to for so long. Soon we may not even see uncontacted tribes like this one, be it from corporations chopping down forests or like in this article where drug traffickers might have chased them away or even harmed them.

I know there are more tribes like this one that we have not seen because a lot of the Amazon has not been explored and i hope that it remains that way, probably being naive in hoping for this but w/e.

What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts?
    Indians live in India. That's one thing. Columbus wasn't too experienced and made an honest mistake; it's disgusting that people continue to make that mistake.

Other thoughts: Can't really say anything about it until we've got a motive. 'Drug traffickers kill natives!' really doesn't invite for debate until we know why they do it. Until we know why, we might even ask ourselves íf drug traffickers are actually killing off the natives. They use the word 'may,' so it's even possible the natives got scared of helicopters that were keeping an eye on them. Hell; if I were one of them, I'd sure as hell make myself invisible to helicopters as much as possible. Who knows what those things can do to a body?

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    My thoughts?
    Indians live in India. That's one thing. Columbus wasn't too experienced and made an honest mistake; it's disgusting that people continue to make that mistake.
    Yea i'm also confused about that as i'm mostly of East Indian descent. I usually refer to them as Native American or Amerindian. Anyways yea, it said 'may have' so nothing really definitive about this but the article points to it, unless CNN is making up shit. Hope it isn't true though, if i did jump to conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    My thoughts?
    ''it's disgusting.'' Please master of the world's languages, teach us the right way to speak. People are just used to say it , you seem to be way more bothered with a ''language mistake'' than with what just happened.