Deleted

New pc , opinions ?

Hello , so i plan to buy a new pc for wow and was wondering if this setup is ok , i plan to raid 25 man and i do want to fraps and have proper fps in game since now i get like 10-15 or 5 fps in 25 man

Processor - Intel Core i5 i5-2500k 3.30GHz Socket 1155 box
    Motherboard - Asus P8P67 PRO Socket 1155 rev 3.1
    Graphic Card - MSI Radeon HD6950 2GB GDDR5 256bit PCIe Frozr III
    Memory - Corsair 3x2048MB DDR3 1333MHz Triple Channel
    Hard Disk - HDD Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA2 32MB 7200rpm
    Cooling/PSU - Seasonic M12 II 620W
    Monitor --??

So i think the processor , motherboard and graphic card are ok , or so i have been told by a lot of people , but i am not sure about the rest , memory (how much or what brand) or the PSU (if its strong enough or if its silent enough , since i do want a really silent PSU) and I have no idea about the monitor either 22' 24' or what brand.

Please if you have any suggestions or opinions i would like to know them before i buy a new pc.Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have triple channel ram. You want Dual channel ram. You were looking at 6GB from that kit, so I would recommend 2X4 to give you 8, or 2x2 to give you 4gb.

I love my 23" Acer - 23" is my sweet spot.

If you want to OC your CPU (you should), grab a heatsink (corsair A70 or coolermaster hyper 212+)
    What case are you getting with this?

PSU - if that is the modular 620 it will work quite nicely with the rig.

Looks great to me, will tear wow up no problem lol.
    The psu is plenty powerful, idk if it's loud or not.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    Hello , so i plan to buy a new pc for wow and was wondering if this setup is ok , i plan to raid 25 man and i do want to fraps and have proper fps in game since now i get like 10-15 or 5 fps in 25 man

memory (how much or what brand) or the PSU (if its strong enough or if its silent enough , since i do want a really silent PSU) and I have no idea about the monitor either 22' 24' or what brand.
    As mentioned above, you want 2x4GB RAM, not 3x2GB. G.Skill Ripjaws (1600MHz CL9) is popular choice for Sandy Bridge. Don't need any special expensive RAM, as it does remarkably little. PSU is good. Samsung is good brand for generic gaming monitors, LG and Acer small step down in price and quality if you want to save money.

To get most out of fraps you want two HDDs, or one SSD and one HDD because the game you're playing and Windows should be on one disc, and the video capture destination on another disc which is not used for anything else at the same time.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    so Corsair 3x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 1.65V rev A or Corsair 3x4GB DDR3 1333MHz rev A ?
    Is 12gb of memory overkill ? and 1600MHz is better then 1333MHz right ?

Get 2x4gb 1600mhz
    You want an even number of ram sticks for dual-channel ram.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want dual channel kits. 2x4GB is more than enough. The triple channel kits are for the x58 platform.

4GB is enough for all gaming today, 8GB makes sure it's enough for gaming still in 2012 and probably in 2013 too.

Speed difference between 1333MHz and 1600MHz RAM is around 5% in memory tests, but less than 1% in overall system speed benchmark. Usually they cost exactly the same within few $, so you should get 1600MHz RAM because it's easier to overclock in case you plan on doing any system OC later on.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

As many already said.

1156 (X58) i7's = Triple Channel

1155 i7's = Dual Channel

What you want is 2x4GB at least 1600MHz to dual channel at 1.5V, not the 1.65V ones.

The 1.5V ones are made specifically for Sandy CPU's.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can fit it into your bugdet, Dell U2311H (IPS Panel). Otherwise either a LG or Samsung 23 inch monitor (TN panels, you may want to go with LED light).

Deleted
    aha so a Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance rev A would be good ?

also i have been reading more about graphic cards and is
    MSI GeForce GTX570 1280MB GDDR5 320bit PCIe Twin a lot better then
    MSI Radeon HD6950 2GB GDDR5 256bit PCIe Frozr III
    Last edited by mmoc776414944d; 2011-08-10 at 01:37 PM.

aha

also i have been reading more about graphic cards and is
    MSI GeForce GTX570 1280MB GDDR5 320bit PCIe Twin a lot better then
    MSI Radeon HD6950 2GB GDDR5 256bit PCIe Frozr III
    It's better but not a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    It's better but not a lot better.
    so in the long run the extra money for the GTX570 isn't worth it ? also is the Seasonic M12 II 620W PSU strong enough for this setup and if anyone know if its also silent , i do want a very silent PSU and if possible any other suggestions for a strong/silent PSU ?

so in the long run the extra money for the GTX570 isn't worth it ? also is the Seasonic M12 II 620W PSU strong enough for this setup and if anyone know if its also silent , i do want a very silent PSU and if possible any other suggestions for a strong/silent PSU ?
    imo no it's not worth getting a 570... a 6950 or 560ti give you a lot more performance per $.
    It's plenty strong... my setup is pretty much identical and I run it on a 580w.
    Checked some reviews on newegg and they said it's silent.