Need help on a new gaming computer.

I found a site that shows a good gaming setup for really intensive games. I just want to ask what you think of this computer setup I found and if it will run Battlefield 3 on max setting when it comes out. The site I would like for ordering is TigerDirect.ca . The Canadian one.

Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 TUF Edition

CPU
    Intel Core i7-2600K

CPU Cooler
    Corsair CWCH50-1 Hydro H50 CPU Liquid Cooler

RAM
    Corsair Dominator 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM

Video Card
    EVGA GeForce GTX 580

Sound Card
    Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium

Hard Drive
    Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB Hard Drive

Optical Drive
    Sony BD-5300S-0B 12X Blu-Ray and DVD Burner/Player

Case
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Black Case

Power Supply
    Corsair TX750W 750-Watt Power Supply

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT

I
    would like dual 27 inchmonitor's for my PC and something that has component/HDMI cables for my Xbox 360. Something like this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...10wZ3JL0leJRPw .

What should I take away or add for this? I would like the max price to be about $2800 Canadian.

I am using my Astro A40 with the mixamp as the headset.
    Last edited by Crumatoc; 2011-08-10 at 02:57 AM.

For gaming you'd be better off with an i5-2500k.. the only advantage the i7 has is hyperthreading which doesn't help in games.
    Also you don't really need a dedicated sound card unless you do professional recording or have some kind of special speaker setup. The integrated sound cards in motherboards are very good these days. Also do you really need a blu-ray burner? I know some people who have them that really regret it because they've never used it lol.
    Use any money you saved from those to get yourself a good SSD or 2 for windows and your games. You should also get a Spinpoint f3 or caviar black instead of the seagate drive... both are faster.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for the H80 over the H50. The H50 is pretty old.

I would get a 580 with a better cooler. Either the MSI Twin Frozr or the ASUS DCII

Otherwise that system will eat up BF3.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

15+ Year Old Account
    The h50 is outdated. Go with an h100, or even better yet, something air based, like a noctua air cooler.

If you are only gaming, you can downgrade from the i7 to the i5 2500k. Upgrade to a GTX590 or SLi 580s. This will help with the dual monitor setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    BF3 has actually been show to use all the threads in an i7, the performance difference however, has yet to be seen.

What headset/headphones/speakers are you using?
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    BF3 has actually been show to use all the threads in an i7, the performance difference however, has yet to be seen.

When the game actually comes out, I'll believe it when I see a game use more than 4 cores, let alone all 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post

Astro A40 headset with mixamp