Page 1 of 2
LastLast

EJ is updated and has demo using Glyph of Corruption instead of Incinerate.

I can't find the reason for the change. Anyone know?

It's more dps

Simcraft has had Corruption ahead of incinerate for a while now. Plus it's slightly better for dps while moving since it works while moving.

Been aware of this change for awhile now. Nothing new.

I mean it is because Demo use lot of Mastery now and have Challice, that mean lower CD on your meta can do more DPS than before 4.2. With but sometimes it is waste, biggest problem is when Meta proc good, but Challice is still 2 minutes. That mean there can be 30-45 seconds timing problem.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Did domo earlier tonight as demo in my Aff reforged gear (goddamn ele shaman disappearing), which honestly wasn't that bad, and I almost had an occurance where meta was up twice in between Chalice uses but in the end I was denied an extra impending doom or two and it wasn't quite meant to be.

There might be something to that, especially next tier after we get even more haste, but probably not

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using the corruption glyph for demo awhile progressing through the last tier before stuff was even on farm. Assumed it was common knowledge it was just better by far.
    P.S. Now after posting in this thread I reazlied I left felgaurd glyph in ...DAMN YOU RYOLITH....which is shitty because I had a disconnect fest on ryolith to =(

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Did domo earlier tonight as demo in my Aff reforged gear (goddamn ele shaman disappearing), which honestly wasn't that bad, and I almost had an occurance where meta was up twice in between Chalice uses but in the end I was denied an extra impending doom or two and it wasn't quite meant to be.

There might be something to that, especially next tier after we get even more haste, but probably not
    I am hurting so bad on domo with full mastery setup by the time I get a shadowbolt cast off I'm about to get leaped and have to move again.....Definitely assembling an affliction spec for domo so I'm not punished so hard for movement because it got pretty rediculous.

Made by dubbelbasse

I feel ya penguin. Had a couple times tonight where moonwell and ds were up but I had like 20 sec left on meta. Just had to sit there and hope for impending doom procs that didn't come.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't you guys love those times when the stars align and meta cd is up before 1st meta is gone.....good times

Made by dubbelbasse

don't you guys love those times when the stars align and meta cd is up before 1st meta is gone.....good times
    Never been that lucky. Got a minute cd once but that's it.

People using Glyph of Corruption as Demo is old news , it was said and one way back in Cata beta but as always EJ dismisses anything "lesser mortals" propose or share some info then months later catch up (example haste and resto shamans in Wotlk )

So yeah this is old news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I've been using the corruption glyph for demo awhile progressing through the last tier before stuff was even on farm. Assumed it was common knowledge it was just better by far.
    P.S. Now after posting in this thread I reazlied I left felgaurd glyph in ...DAMN YOU RYOLITH....which is shitty because I had a disconnect fest on ryolith to =(

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 09:30 AM ----------

I am hurting so bad on domo with full mastery setup by the time I get a shadowbolt cast off I'm about to get leaped and have to move again.....Definitely assembling an affliction spec for domo so I'm not punished so hard for movement because it got pretty rediculous.
    I use heavy mastery gear and reforge, lower haste, less Meta, but twice Meta before Challice is lucky, If I have got something like it, Meta is faster by 20-40 seconds, never more, and mostly because of Heroism.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted

So, there is a niche for Hmirror, when haste is focus for multi target and with 2 points in IMP Corruption. On Majordomo, Alysrazor.

A insta-cast Shadowbolt is worth more if you're low on haste. As a Demo lock, you should be stacking mastery, resulting in a pretty low haste number. The most haste you get, the less that insta-cast actually helps.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 08:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    People using Glyph of Corruption as Demo is old news , it was said and one way back in Cata beta but as always EJ dismisses anything "lesser mortals" propose or share some info then months later catch up (example haste and resto shamans in Wotlk )

So yeah this is old news.
    EJ is slow on a lot of changes to the priority list for Demo. They're still hard-swapping as the default priority (a DPS loss in any simulation with movement), they don't refresh BoD after Metamorphosis (a 50 dps gain in HT12 BiS), up until the last revision they didn't align Meta and MWC and the actual gearing of their Demo BiS DTR could use some serious help.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-08-10 at 02:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think that is even possible would take an insane amout of procs in a very short about of time you would need 6 procs in less then 30 seconds
    and impending doom only has a 15% chance to proc....

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    i don't think that is even possible would take an insane amout of procs in a very short about of time you would need 6 procs in less then 30 seconds
    and impending doom only has a 15% chance to proc....
    Yeah, it's rougly the same odds as winning the Powerball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Yeah, it's rougly the same odds as winning the Powerball.
    Well i would be rich because its happen to me more then a few times

I did domo on sunday with my mastery setup and did really well, I had my meta up every scorpion phase and used doomguard with heroism, I got lucky and ended the fight with a meta too

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    I did domo on sunday with my mastery setup and did really well, I had my meta up every scorpion phase and used doomguard with heroism, I got lucky and ended the fight with a meta too
    The doomguard doesn't benefit from heroism.

Luckiest I've gotten is during a ZA bear run ... on the bear-chest boss, popped Meta and Doomguard at the start, and Meta was back up before my Doomguard despawned
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.