Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Offtopic, hoping Digglett didn't get banned for what went on in this thread, all she did was defend Nintendo against a troll
    She broke no rules, so no, not for anything in this thread.

Make sure you don't feed the troll. Report and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard147 View Post
    I love how you keep throwing in that word, "destroying" you must have learned it in school today. It would seem common sense would dictate that a console selling for half, or a third of the price of other consoles will likely be the most popular. Look at the PS2 back last generation, it ran circles around the competition. In fact the saddest thing is that games like CoD and Halo, sell millions more copies than the "heavy hitters" of Nintendo like Mario Galaxies. That's weird... I'd assume a console that was, "destroying" the competition would also be destroying them in games sales.. That's strange.
    A multi platform game sells more copies than one released on 1 console?!

Looking up Halo sales compared to SMG now :P

SMG 1 sold about 8.8m
    SMG 2 sold about 6.3m

Seems to be harder to find Halo totals. From what i found Reach only had 3m which cant be accurate.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-08-11 at 06:50 AM.

Here's hoping nintendo sticks to it's guns, hasn't lead them anywhere bad, so far, at least.

I remember reading something about the Wii U being a more "hardcore" system, so hopefully we have some real challenging platformers coming up, would love to see a mario game going back to it's roots: Mushroom, Fireflower, 8 worlds, damn hard, kgo!

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    A multi platform game sells more copies than one released on 1 console?!

Looking up Halo sales compared to SMG now :P

SMG 1 sold about 8.8m
    SMG 2 sold about 6.3m

Seems to be harder to find Halo totals. From what i found Reach only had 3m which cant be accurate.
    I prefer halo much more than that of SMG, at least the first couple but the numbers are

Halo 1 - 5 million
    Halo 2 - 8 million
    Halo 3 - 8.1 million
    Halo Reach/Odst = bout 6 million combined.

Sales went down as the actual game became worse lol.

Meh lol, im happy going back and playing the nintendo 64 id rather play that then xbox now a days...

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard147 View Post
    I personally don't care. Nintendo is such a money grubbing company I stopped supporting them when I was like 12. I can't stand how they don't release more adult games people over the age of 12 would like to see. I don't want this stupid kiddie shit, jumping on turtles and constant platforming. Nintendo disgusts me, rehashing they same 3-4 IP's over and over again. So yes, imo Nintendo needs to stop being so Japanese-y and start focusing on what matters, America. I want some actual good graphics, not this 7 year old graphic shit that the wii puts out. It's hilarious too, they pretty much show off the Wii-U and it's gonna get it's ass pounded by the next generation Sony, and Microsoft offerings. So another Nintendo console I'm gonna pass over, when the hell will Nintendo learn to actually keep up with technology?
    You need to stop talking out of your ass.

First of all, and this goes for all of you, there is a difference between "kiddie" and "all-ages." To use television as an analogy, "kiddie" is to Dora the Explorer what "all-ages" is to The Simpsons. You complain about how the Mario franchise hasn't changed, and to a certain extent that's true. It hasn't changed it's genre: platformer. What it did with Super Mario Galaxy was take platforming in a direction no other game developer had previously though to do, and the gameplay was phenomenal.

Then you're ignorant enough to suggest a Japanese company should "stop being so Japanese-y." Both Capcom and SquareEnix are Japanese companies. Next are you going to complain how they're still making Street Fighter and Final Fantasy games? What about France's Ubisoft; the makers of Assassin's Creed and every Tom Clancy game ever made (among other IPs)?

Up until the price drop for the 3DS, every single Nintendo consol and handheld was sold to make a profit. Yes, this means Nintendo deliberately held back on system potential to keep the units competitively priced. The N64 lost Final Fantasy VII because Sony backed discs and had the space for a bigger game. The Gamecube was technically more powerful than the PS2, but the smaller disc size and lack of DVD capability led to 3rd party companies once again favoring Sony.

You might call that money grubbing, but it's no worse than EA recycling the same sports games year after year with a shiny new sticker on them. The Wii-U will not only be competative with the PS3 and 360, it might very well be more powerful. Sony and Microsoft entered a sort of gentlemen's agreement where both companies agreed behind closed doors to make a consol last 10 years and not 5, as per the usual life cycle. Nintendo didn't play along, instead focusing less on power (par for the course) and more on gameplay. Now Sony and Microsoft have embraced motion-controls. We wouldn't have the Playstation Move or Xbox Kinect without the Wii.

To anybody who thinks Link should talk, I give you this http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The...Zelda&st=0&fs=

Every time I hear someone say Link should talk, all I hear is "Weeeeellllll eexxxxccuuuuusssseeee meeeee Princess!" and it makes me want to stick fireworks in my ears and light them! The bad thing is that I used to LOVE that show!

Old school games come with a fan base that's guarenteed income. Developing a new franchise is risky so a lot of these companies are going to play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    as many Halo games than there are Zeldas.

let that sink in for a second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...of_Zelda_games
    How funny, i must have missed a few halos. Right now i'm counting 6 halos. Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo Wars.

On topic: I do think they need new IP's. I can only save the princes (of multiple Nintendo games) so many times :/
    Last edited by Beeb; 2011-08-11 at 07:26 AM. Reason: To get back on topic

Deleted
    Holy crap no I think it's a bad idea.

Metroid is 50% shoot 50% Exploration. Epic could handle the first half with ease but I'm not sure about the other half.

But Epic as a 3rd party is a good thing I guess for Big N.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people, like the resident troll in here (that seems to be banned now), think that games are about graphics. That the Wii sucks because it's not on par with PS3/Xbox graphics.

While that is true, Wii is based on game play. As Nintendo has always been. The people saying that the motion controllers sucks.... Get a GC or 'classic' controller for your Wii and stop your whining. Most games support 1 or the other.

For the people saying that Nintendo has to 'revive' some older franchises, there will be a new Starfox game soon.

Myself, I just bought a 3DS. However, I still prefer their older games and recently bought 2-3 N64 games for my Wii.

The price drop of the 3DS actually showed that Nintendo does care about their customers. The people that bought it for full price will get 20 free games over the course of september and a so far unannounced date. These games are however, classics from the NES/GB(A). Not to mention the fact that the CEO's and others took a cut from their salary for the company's loss.

I doubt I'll ever hear such a story from a Sony/Microsoft CEO!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post

I doubt I'll ever hear such a story from a Sony/Microsoft CEO!
    I could see Sony possibly having one. The Japanese culturally have a very strong sense of duty/honor and they are still a Japanese company last I checked. M$, ya probably not.

Personal I've owned all of the home consuls from Nintendo over the years. I've enjoyed them all and had many fun hours playing their games. The graphics on an Xbox/PS system are flashier but looks are not everything in life. I think the only Nintendo system I did not like completely was the N64 and only because those controllers broke down so fast. Those joysticks could wear out in a month or two.

Who is John Galt?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleYoDaddy View Post
    Meh lol, im happy going back and playing the nintendo 64 id rather play that then xbox now a days...
    Word.

That's why I hooked up my Wii to my big TV. Say what you want about motion control games (never had fun with any except for wii sports), The Wii is worth it's price for the simple fact that I can play all my favorite old games (most of them..) without having to find all the old systems.. blow on the cartridges.. find a compatible Tv.

They just need to be a little less Japanese :3 and stop with the gimmicks lol. We get it the controller can also cook you dinner, pay your bills and listen to your wife complain but I want to play good games!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    We get it the controller can also cook you dinner, pay your bills and listen to your wife complain but I want to play good games!
    There's a brilliant idea for a new game in there...

Nintendo doesn't need new IPs, but it does need to give its older and less mainstream series some more love. I love what they did with Donkey Kong Country Returns and Im looking forward to Kid Icarus Uprising. Hopefully they'll put a new Star Fox into the works, if the 3DS game goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There's a brilliant idea for a new game in there...
    Catherine.

Its all Katherine seems to do

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Catherine.

Its all Katherine seems to do
    To be fair, you kind of deserve it. Not only did you cheat on her, but you did it with someone significantly less hot than she is.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    To be fair, you kind of deserve it. Not only did you cheat on her, but you did it with someone significantly less hot than she is.
    This is before she finds out. "Wahh, are you drinking again. Stop drinking"

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Nintendo for my favorite characters and the same shit over and over.

I play PS3 and Xbox for the other shit.

Keep Nintendo how it is, and keep PS3 and Xbox how they are. The only thing Nintendo needs to do is stop being so technologically behind the other consoles. The Wii is like a VCR in a world of Blu Ray DVDs and iPhones and what not.

I still will always love Nintendo though.