PC build for BF 3 Red orchestra Skyrim diablo etc. Everything thats needs max setting

-I5-2500K [Quad-Core sandy bridge] geklokt op 4x 4,4ghz
    -8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM, Corsair Vengeance [blauw]
    -Asus P8Z68 Mobo -
    -Corsair H60 processor koeler \
    -750 watt PS
    Windows 7 pro or ultimate?

Now i am looking for the best price/quality GPU i was thinking about a 560 TI myself seeing as after ati their rediculous 4xxx series to 5xxx series bullcrap they disgust me.

Also this might seem odd, but im using a XPS 720 case as its been with me, supporting me, and being my coffee table for 5 years now.
    It has also seen more of me than my GF has;P

Anyhow, thoughts, ideas, suggestions

Thanks in advance.

The 6870/6950/560ti all give the best bang for your buck right now.
    Also what do you mean 4xxx series to 5xxx series bullcrap? You don't like their numbering system or something? lol
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

they put a 5xxx sticker on their 4xxxx cards and resold them for higher prices than they were selling for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilmeister View Post
    they put a 5xxx sticker on their 4xxxx cards and resold them for higher prices than they were selling for.
    ehh the 5000 series are stronger than the 4000 series... they're different cards..
    the 5000 series all used 40nm fabrication... the 4000 series were mostly 55nm... they also have higher clock speeds and more transistors per card..
    not really sure where you're getting your info from but the 5000 series wasn't some kind of "scam" as you're implying... if anything the 4000 -> 5000 series jump was greater than the 5000 -> 6000 series jump.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Not to mention the absence of DX11 support and several video hardware-accelerated decoding upgrades, along with much improved power efficiency, and introduced the entire 'Eyefinity' system.

The 5xxx to 6xxx upgrade by contrasts contained almost no upgrades - but neither did NVIDIA's 4xx to 5xx cards.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-08-10 at 09:58 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? There was a huge difference in the 4k series and 5k series.

Nvidia has had a history of rebadging old tech. I have heard of one instance recently where AMD rebadged their low end parts. We're talking sub $50 cards though. Not sure which model.

edit: Quite sure the recent AMD cards went to OEMs, and the 5770 was badged a 6770 which is cheaper than the 5770's.
    Last edited by dicertification; 2011-08-10 at 11:34 AM. Reason: It's AMD not ATI lol