Just a bit of help needed.

Now before you say anything, i know how annoying it can be to see someone asking for help when they could just look in the stickies. Well i looked there and i couldn't find the answer i needed.

I was just wondering what the best current spec is? Last time i raided (Pre - 4.2) arcane was the best spec, but I'm just curious what it might be now?

From the guides, it looks as if Frost and Frost-Fire might be viable. But how about Fire and Arcane?

Well here's my mages' armory if you're interested: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/W%C3%ADzie/advanced

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Now before you say anything, i know how annoying it can be to see someone asking for help when they could just look in the stickies. Well i looked there and i couldn't find the answer i needed.

I was just wondering what the best current spec is? Last time i raided (Pre - 4.2) arcane was the best spec, but I'm just curious what it might be now?

From the guides, it looks as if Frost and Frost-Fire might be viable. But how about Fire and Arcane?

Well here's my mages' armory if you're interested: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Wízie/advanced

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Well, actually pre-4.2 Fire was the best specc (at least for most fights). Currently Arcane is the best specc (together with Frost probably, but most seem to choose Arcane, Frost is currently more a theoretical discussion I think). Fire is basically played in 1, maybe 2 encounters, not more.

Well as far as i know, in 4.1, fire was only better because of the movement it allowed for (And AoE obviously, but with the AE change arcane was made viable with non cleave mobs on AoE).

Arcane and even Frost was way ahead of Fire single target.

Anyways, thanks for the tip.

Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Well as far as i know, in 4.1, fire was only better because of the movement it allowed for (And AoE obviously, but with the AE change arcane was made viable with non cleave mobs on AoE).

Arcane and even Frost was way ahead of Fire single target.
    The thing is the encounter design of T11 Content for most encountered Fire was favoured a lot.
    Anyways, now with 4.2 Arcane is top (and encounter design plays a role there too...).

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frost is up there with arcane, provided you can get all the proper crit buffs/debuffs: 5% from fire mage or warlock, 5% crit debuff on boss (hunter, druid, etc.), and even focus magic if you have a 2nd (arcane) mage in the raid.

It kind of sucks because I really dig frost, but I don't want to play it for 10m raids because I'd be missing a large amount of crit due to the frequent lack of those key classes/specs that bring the extra crit.

I've heard the only time you can seriously consider Frost is with 4pcT12 from the increased BF procs, provided the raid keeps your 5% dmg buff and the raid can provide the crit buffs and debuffs.

All three mage specs are curently in a good place, the reason you don't see frost as high on the lists is because there is few people that play it on top level. fire has the best AoE and is marginaly behind arc and frost for single target, frost has excelent single target, better AoE than arcane and more control, and arcane has excelent single target, barley above frost and brings utility to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oprera View Post
    All three mage specs are curently in a good place, the reason you don't see frost as high on the lists is because there is few people that play it on top level. fire has the best AoE and is marginaly behind arc and frost for single target, frost has excelent single target, better AoE than arcane and more control, and arcane has excelent single target, barley above frost and brings utility to the raid.
    "Better AOE than Arcane" is only half-true. This only is true if you have long-living adds and if add-spawns do not happen more often than Combustion CD. In the other case AOE of an Arcane Specc with specced AOE is superior for AOE. And most AOE situations in Firelands is of the latter (okay, on Beth Fire AOE is still better, as you should not get closerange to little spiders... but on the other hand other classes are better for little spiders than mages anyways...).