Deleted

DPS requirements on Ragnaros normal and Ryolith HC 10 man

I just wonder what the dps requirements for Ragnaros are. We have killed him once, maybe by luck.
    But the last few tries we had one dps on 21-22k dps and the rest from 17k and below to 15k. We simply get overwhelmed by meteors at the end.

On Ryolith HC we havent even gotten into phase 2 yet, simply because we fail on adds. Again I think its due to low dps.

So basicly what are the dps requirements for these 2 fights?

We have an odd raid composition, meaning we run with a low number of buffs. But cant hardly change that, since we a close nit core of off- and online friends who have been playing the same class since TBC.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Any logs you could share with us?

Deleted
    Unfortunately we dont run logs

Deleted
    15k is low for ragnaros. 17.19k is fine. id say u need to average around 18k for a smooth kill.

im guessing people are probably to focused on the meteors in last phase though, and forget about nuking raggy.

on ryolith its hard to say, or atleast hard for you to compare, as the dps goes up the further u get into the fight, as stacks dropp off his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjornkatt View Post
    15k is low for ragnaros. 17.19k is fine. id say u need to average around 18k for a smooth kill.

im guessing people are probably to focused on the meteors in last phase though, and forget about nuking raggy.

on ryolith its hard to say, or atleast hard for you to compare, as the dps goes up the further u get into the fight, as stacks dropp off his legs.
    '

That is going to a problem for a lot of guilds working on rag but having a hard time killing him. Remind your Players that Phase 3 is a DPS Burn phase, not a Dance Check. You will not survive long past 4 Meteors, and should have him killed shortly after the 3rd one appears.

I have to yell at my DPSers to not kite the damn meteors and to just hit them back as soon as they can safely. They ignore me I end up having to Dance around 4 meteors and doing 2-3% of Rags health with the other tank, 1 healer and 1-2 DPS.

Deleted
    Well I'd suggest you start to run logs , best way to work out where the issue/s lie. Fairly simple to set up so I'm told, and once the logs are uploaded even an old fart like me can work out who is failing on what.

15k does sound fairly low, can't see why anyone should be under say 18k or so.

well how many meteors? becuz in one of our kills we had 5 meteors and still we were able to kill it.

you either have a bunch of guys that have great positional awareness or good dps to avoid too many meteors. with average of 20k we usually do it without any stress, dps also drops considerably on last phase the longer it gets, so having 17k or 15k in an entire fight is fairly low if you ask me... in phase 1 in our raids we usually have couple above 30k.

no clue about ryo HC, only trying that this reset
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

Our last Rag kill breakdown was:
    Frost DK 21305.7
    Ele Shaman 20604.3
    Marks Hunter 21364.2
    Fury Warrior 20473.3
    Arcane Mage 18006.2
    Tanks around 10k
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/02p4q...?s=7965&e=8586

This is with poor meteor handling by many in p3 (hunter and warrior died to meteors), mage soaking traps in p1, and me losing optimal dps by kiting around the outside howling blasting rag before I could get back in range. Make sure that when you're spreading to handle the 2nd transition Sons and Scions that you are still dpsing Rag until he submerges. We started seeing better results in P3 damage when we could save one Son slowed in the back and kill a Scion before having to kill the Son (if you just leave the Son and Rag comes back, he blows up and does a lot of damage. This makes your healers mean people.). Having low health or only one Scion going into P3 allows you to do more on Rag before meteors become an issue.

With your HM Rhyolith, what's your raid comp? Logs would really help. As a Frost DK, I'm perfect for handling fragments but we ended up killing our sparks fast enough for our warrior tank to rend/tclap them and hunter/sp/mage nuke them down with me/warrior/ret on the boss. We 2 heal it and I recommend you do too if you're worried about dps.

For Ragnaros, 15k is too low. 17k is borderline. To get a reasonably comfortable kill you want around 18k from everybody but more is obviously better.

HM Rhyolith is a bit difficult to judge because people on the legs will be doing terrible DPS and add DPS is highly dependent on splashing a bunch of slimes. Your only real judge is how fast the fragments die; the simple gauge there is that fragments should die with at least 5 seconds left before the next spawn. In our last Rhyolith kill the tank did 13k and all our DPS were between 17-24k, but that's at the end of the fight so doesn't help much when trying to judge your actual progression.

unfortunately we dont run logs

I just wonder what the dps requirements for Ragnaros are
    We have killed him once, maybe by luck.
    Again I think its due to low dps.
    It's hard to take you or your guild too seriously if you dont run logs when doing Heroic content. If you really, genuinely want to improve - RUN LOGS.

Otherwise your post will be filled with words like 'i think' and 'maybe by luck' and 'i wonder' and 'i dont know.'

The reason you think, wonder, dont know is because you arent using proven tools which help immensely. This has nothing to do with being casual, or a closeknit group of friends - its everything to do with just playing smart.

We have an odd raid composition, meaning we run with a low number of buffs. But cant hardly change that, since we a close nit core of off- and online friends who have been playing the same class since TBC.
    For several upcoming Heroics, such as Beth'tilac and Baleroc, you have two options:

1 - Change this quoted attitude
    2 - Stop bashing your heads against heroic and do normals instead (or wait until Heroic is nerfed next tier)

Some of the later heroics absolutely need to have a suitable raid comp.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-08-10 at 04:58 PM.