Memory - Kingston HyperX 4 GB Kit (2x2 GB Modules) 1333 MHz DDR3
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Modul...985635&sr=1-13

HD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 6Gb/s 1 TB
    http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barrac...985690&sr=1-21

Video Card - MSI N560GTX TI TWIN FROZR II OC
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-PCI-Expres...2985325&sr=8-1

PSU - Extream - 650w - 73% - Model
    http://www.hardstore.com.br/?view=de...uto=6773&cat=1
    (This site is a brasilian store, this is where i live and i can't find this PSU on amazon or neweg)

Ok, so the thing is.. i'm thinking in get another GTX 560 TI, but i don't know if this PSU will handle it. I'm not going to Overclock cpu nor video card. I'm mostly thinking in get another one to play BF3 and MW3. So what are your thoughts guys?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    Ok, so the thing is.. i'm thinking in get another GTX 560 TI, but i don't know if this PSU will handle it.
    Probably not, as it is noname PSU which advertises pretty low efficiency.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

650w should be plenty, especially running a low wattage cpu.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seems to be the Coolermaster eXtreme 650w.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Seems to be the Coolermaster eXtreme 650w.
    Humm yeah it look like Coolermaster..

So you guys think is safe?

Srry about my English anyway, not my native :/

Humm yeah it look like Coolermaster..

So you guys think is safe?

Srry about my English anyway, not my native :/
    Yea the calculator I used gives 560w as a recommendation so 650w should be plenty.
    (I just guessed on minor things like fans/usb devices/etc)
    System Type: 1 physical CPU
    Motherboard: High End - Desktop
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3200 MHz Deneb
    CPU Utilization (TDP): 90% TDP
    RAM: 2 Sticks DDR3 SDRAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Video Type: SLI
    SCSI HDD 7200 rpm: 1 HDD
    DVD-RW/DVD+RW Drive: 1 Drive
    USB: 3 Devices
    Fans
    Regular: 1 Fan 80mm; 2 Fans 120mm;
    High Performance: 1 Fan 80mm;
    Keyboard and mouse: Yes
    System Load: 90 %
    Minimum PSU Wattage: 509 Watts
    Recommended Wattage: 559 Watts
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    73% of 650 Watts is 475 Watts effective power.

A Power calculator putts your system at roughly 300 Watts, half of which comes from the GPU.

So running two Geforce GTX 560 Ti in SLI should just about be possible with your current PSU. The estimated 450 Watts consumption under load leaves you with roughly 25 Watts of leeway. Not much, but enough.

I'd suggest you give it a shot and if the system remains stable under load, stick with it.

Oh nice!

Btw guys, just one more question.. With this CPU and 2 Gtx 560 ti, i'll have bottleneck playing games like MW3 or BF3?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    73% of 650 Watts is 475 Watts effective power.

A Power calculator putts your system at roughly 300 Watts, half of which comes from the GPU.

So running two Geforce GTX 560 Ti in SLI should just about be possible with your current PSU. The estimated 450 Watts consumption under load leaves you with roughly 25 Watts of leeway. Not much, but enough.

I'd suggest you give it a shot and if the system remains stable under load, stick with it.
    It doesn't work like that.
    A 650w psu will give 650w of power, the low efficiency just means it'll be pulling more than 650w of power from the wall socket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS (yes a wikipedia reference, bite me xD)
    The efficiency of a computer power supply is its output power divided by its input power. The remaining power is converted into heat. For instance, a 600-watt power supply with 60% efficiency running at full load would draw 1000 W from the mains and would therefore waste 400 W as heat. On the other hand a 600-watt power supply with 80% efficiency running at full load would draw 750 W from the mains and would therefore waste only 150 W as heat.

Oh nice!

Btw guys, just one more question.. With this CPU and 2 Gtx 560 ti, i'll have bottleneck playing games like MW3 or BF3?
    you'll tear those games apart!!
    the cpu is fine for most games, but amd cpu's are a bit behind intel so you may notice it in cpu-intensive games like wow.... won't be a problem for most games though.

Deleted
    I had the same question a few weeks back, then I found this:
    http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...alculator.html

READ THIS
    These recommendations INCLUDE headroom and overclocking room. On a system with typical overclocks, you won't be pulling more than 80-90% load on the recommended PSU during STRESS TEST conditions (LinX+Furmark+HDTune), and only 60-75% load during heavy gaming (Crysis, BF:BC2, Metro2033, etc.), and only 10-30% load during idle/light usage situations. This is plenty of headroom. Your PSU will not wear out. It's not a tire. However, I do *strongly* recommend sticking to power supplies listed in OCN's Official Recommended PSU list.

Clampy Edit: I removed the non neccesary things, if anyone else is interested, go to the link above

Start here:

Dual graphics card systems (Crossfire/SLI)
    If you have only one graphics card, scroll back up.

What graphics cards you have is the main determinant of what wattage power supply you'll need. This is the BASE WATTAGE, and everything after the graphics card section modifies it.

Class 3
    GTX560T = 400W

GPU overclocking

Moderate GPU/VRAM overclocking is already accounted for above. Moderate overclocking means the highest overclock possible with stock cooling and no voltage tweaking.
    If voltage tweaking, +25W per GPU
    If Power Cap +20%, (HD6900 series only) then +50W per GPU

CPU
    This modifies the base wattage you got in the graphics card section. NOTE: -**W means SUBTRACT the number, while + means ADD the number. Huh, you say? Subtract? Yes. My base wattage comes from the assumption that the graphics cards will be installed in an LGA1155 system with an Intel Core i7 Core i7 2600k (overclocked), 8GB of DDR3, etc, as that's the current high-end system.

THIS ASSUMES OVERCLOCKING UP TO 50% (ie, 2GHz CPU overclocked 50% would be 3GHz)

Sandy Bridge i7 = +0W
    Sandy Bridge i5 = -25W
    Hexacore Nehalems i7 = +75W
    Quad core Nehalems i7 = +25W
    Quad core Nehalems i5 = -25W
    Dual core i5/i3 = -50W
    Core 2 Quad = -25W
    Core 2 Duo 45nm = -50W
    Core 2 Duo 65nm = -25W
    Pentium Dual Core = -50W
    Pentium D = +25W
    Pentium 4 HT = +0W
    Quad core Llano = -25W
    Dual core Llano = -50W
    Hexacore Phenom II = +50W
    Quad core Phenom/Athlon II = +0W
    Tri core Phenom/Athlon II = -25W
    Dual core Phenom/Athlon II = -50W
    Quad core Phenom I = +0W
    Tri core Phenom I = -25W
    Dual core Athlon I = -50W
    Athlon64 x2 = -25W
    Athlon 64 = -50W

Older CPU? Ultra-low-wattage CPU? Make a thread.

Overclocking >50%? +50W (Note: usually takes watercooling or ridiculous air coolers)

Other stuff
    More modifiers

XXGB of RAM! = +0W, unless it's ECC RAM or like 36GB or something. Typical consumer RAM sticks pull 3-6W each at peak.
    LOTS OF FANS = +0W, I assume these in the base estimate at the beginning.
    SSD = +0W, SSDs draw negligible power
    Cold cathodes/LEDs = +0W
    DVD/Blu-ray drives = +0W
    Sound card = +0W unless it cost more than $200, then make a thread
    Other PCI/PCIe cards = +0W unless you have a lot of them, then make a thread
    USB devices = +0W
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-08-10 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    It doesn't work like that.
    A 650w psu will give 650w of power, the low efficiency just means it'll be pulling more than 650w of power from the wall socket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS (yes a wikipedia reference, bite me xD)
    The efficiency of a computer power supply is its output power divided by its input power. The remaining power is converted into heat. For instance, a 600-watt power supply with 60% efficiency running at full load would draw 1000 W from the mains and would therefore waste 400 W as heat. On the other hand a 600-watt power supply with 80% efficiency running at full load would draw 750 W from the mains and would therefore waste only 150 W as heat.

you'll tear those games apart!!
    the cpu is fine for most games, but amd cpu's are a bit behind intel so you may notice it in cpu-intensive games like wow.... won't be a problem for most games though.
    Ty for the anwser man

WoW is running very well right now, at 120fps in some zones, 60+fps in bgs and 45 -50fps+ in 25man.. very nice for me

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I had the same question a few weeks back, then I found this:
    http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...alculator.html
    lol nice, that calculator comes out to 650w for his build with sli and the included headroom.

lol nice, that calculator comes out to 650w for his build with sli and the included headroom.
    Yeah awesome! lol

Using right now the 266.64 and i notice a COD-black ops very laggy on campain mode.. something that i didn't notice in games that are heavier than COD like Metro 2033.

You guys know something about this, this is the drives, the CPU? The temp of CPU keep like 50-55 celcius and the GFX more than fine in like 55 celcius too
    Last edited by iplaytokill; 2011-08-10 at 03:16 PM. Reason: 266.64 not the 266.58

Deleted
    EDIT: Redundant Post - L2R the main post.

Just a suggestion.

If you aren't going to overclock, and you have the MSI GTX 560 ti Twinfrozr II already selected. I advise changing that for a MSI GTX 560 ti HAWK. It comes slightly higher clock speeds out of the box, and it runs cooler, and its only around $20-30 more expensive (Which is damn worth it I think for the increase).

Also, Check out the link that I linked above for recommended PSUs, you want an 80+ Gold if you can afford it, they will last for longer, waste energy and the power supplied will be cleaner (more efficient lets say).
    Here is the link again for the recommended: http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...-supplies.html

You may also want to go down the Intel route instead of AMD. Currently their chips are better, nothing more to say really.
    Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz (You can also get a cheaper chip if you are not going to overclock. But this is the highest i5 and the most powerful i5 even without overclocks.
    ASUS P8P67 PRO (The pro allows SLI, the NON pro does not)

Or a similar Intel board if your choice (But ASUS are arguably one of the better ones)

You can also get an ASUS P8Z68 board if you want a few extras.
    One of the extras is SSD Caching. It will use your SSD as it pleases, and will use your SSD as a cache so things you use a lot will run faster automatically. This is great if you don't have big SSD, but still want a broader speed up.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-08-10 at 03:28 PM.

Personally, I'd say a SLI setup would've been fine with Corsair's PSU, but the Coolermaster one is weird. It comes out at 432w, which I'd say is pushing it with most SLI setups.

Yeah awesome! lol

Using right now the 266.64 and i notice a COD-black ops very laggy on campain mode.. something that i didn't notice in games that are heavier than COD like Metro 2033.

You guys know something about this, this is the drives, the CPU? The temp of CPU keep like 50-55 celcius and the GFX more than fine in like 55 celcius too
    hmm yea a quick google search says that COD : BO is a more cpu-dependent game like wow, so that's probably it.
    You have room for overclocking with your psu even with the sli (the calculator clampy posted leaves room for overclocking both cpu and gpu(s)) so if you crank your cpu up a bit it should help.

Deleted
    Personally, I'd say a SLI setup would've been fine with Corsair's PSU, but the Coolermaster one is weird. It comes out at 432w, which I'd say is pushing it with most SLI setups.
    yup, something like this will do great.
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMPSU-...2989731&sr=1-2

Hey Clampy!

Well i just bought this pc like a week ago so is really hard to get the intel processor and the other things. So i was thinking that the easier way to give myself an upgrade would be getting another video card.

About the SLI, if i have already MSI GTX 560 ti Twinfrozr II to make it work i shouldn't get an identical video card?? So you mean that i can SLI this one that i have with the HAWK one?

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 12:26 PM ----------

hmm yea a quick google search says that COD : BO is a more cpu-dependent game like wow, so that's probably it.
    You have room for overclocking with your psu even with the sli (the calculator clampy posted leaves room for overclocking both cpu and gpu(s)) so if you crank your cpu up a bit it should help.
    I hope on the Multiplayer mode i can run it without lag, don't care a lot about the campain one =p

That's not how it works... see my earlier post :S

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Just a suggestion.

If you aren't going to overclock, and you have the MSI GTX 560 ti Twinfrozr II already selected. I advise changing that for a MSI GTX 560 ti HAWK. It comes slightly higher clock speeds out of the box, and it runs cooler, and its only around $20-30 more expensive (Which is damn worth it I think for the increase).

Also, Check out the link that I linked above for recommended PSUs, you want an 80+ Gold if you can afford it, they will last for longer, waste energy and the power supplied will be cleaner (more efficient lets say).
    Here is the link again for the recommended: http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...-supplies.html

You may also want to go down the Intel route instead of AMD. Currently their chips are better, nothing more to say really.
    Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz (You can also get a cheaper chip if you are not going to overclock. But this is the highest i5 and the most powerful i5 even without overclocks.
    ASUS P8P67 PRO (The pro allows SLI, the NON pro does not)

Or a similar Intel board if your choice (But ASUS are arguably one of the better ones)

You can also get an ASUS P8Z68 board if you want a few extras.
    One of the extras is SSD Caching. It will use your SSD as it pleases, and will use your SSD as a cache so things you use a lot will run faster automatically. This is great if you don't have big SSD, but still want a broader speed up.
    He already owns the system... he's just considering buying another 560ti to add to it.

Hey Clampy!

Well i just bought this pc like a week ago so is really hard to get the intel processor and the other things. So i was thinking that the easier way to give myself an upgrade would be getting another video card.

About the SLI, if i have already MSI GTX 560 ti Twinfrozr II to make it work i shouldn't get an identical video card?? So you mean that i can SLI this one that i have with the HAWK one?

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 12:26 PM ----------

I hope on the Multiplayer mode i can run it without lag, don't care a lot about the campain one =p
    it's definitely better to get an identical one for sli

Deleted
    Hey Clampy!

Sorry excuse that, completely misread, now I look even more stupid .
    I believe the Hawk should go SLI with the Twinfrozr II as its the same chip (560 ti). But read around and see if it is possible on other forums ( a quick google search maybe).
    Maybe you should just stick with 2 of what you already have.

The difference in FPS will probably be something like 3fps more in each game. So it won't be a dramatic increase.