Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AMS and majordomo staghelm.

Is it possible right before you switch too the scorpion phase with searing seeds to pop AMS and not get the debuff?

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ill have to try this tonight to see but i believe the cyclone makes you invulnerable and it doesn't prevent the seeds so i would have to say no.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

I'm pretty sure he plants seeds while your stunned. Could be wrong though.

Deleted
    won't work =]

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to guess no but already killed him so have to wait until next week to try. Definitely need to glyph it to make sure it's still up by the time the seeds are applied, assuming the cyclone doesn't clear it anyways.
    He does, the idea is to cast AMS like a second before the phase transition.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjuna View Post
    no you are correct but AMS lasts at least 5 seconds unglyphed and glyphed it lasts 7 seconds and since Major Domo's Fiery Cyclone only lasts 3 seconds AMS would last past its duration if cast at the moment before stun and last through till you were able to fight again thus AMS's property to prevent harmful magics may prevent the debuff. Raid mechanics say no it will land anyways.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid mechanics say no it will land anyways.
    God forbid we get thrown a gimmicky bone, not that it matters but maybe it would help in Heroic? At least we can prevent the Meteor Crash debuff in BH *coughs*...
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    God forbid we get thrown a gimmicky bone, not that it matters but maybe it would help in Heroic? At least we can prevent the Meteor Crash debuff in BH *coughs*...
    lol no kidding

AMS doesn't stop the seed, just save it for when it explodes >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erarara View Post
    AMS doesn't stop the seed, just save it for when it explodes >.>
    right. so it doesn't do what the OP was asking and hoping it would do (as according to its Tooltip)

searing seeds is a physical debuff

Quote Originally Posted by ejalfi View Post
    searing seeds is a physical debuff
    it is not a good explanation.

although AMS' tooltip says it makes the DK immune to magic debuff, it actually makes the DK immune to some debuffs other than 'magic' (e.g. diseases, melt armor by those Molten Lord in fireland).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexishomer View Post

although AMS' tooltip says it makes the DK immune to magic debuff, it actually makes the DK immune to some debuffs other than 'magic' (e.g. diseases, melt armor by those Molten Lord in fireland).
    what he attempted to mean was that the application of the debuff is applied via physical intent vs the items you listed (e.g. diseases) which have magical applications and the debuff itself is listed as disease or magic or poison etc...

AMS prevents the application of magical (any spell) harmful effects but Searing Seeds is applied via a physical application hence cannot be prevented via AMS.

the same goes for some other spells (Vanessa VanCleef applies a stun that cannot be removed or prevented via IBF OR AMS) and Domo when starting the fight for Alysrazor applies a root that cannot be prevented by any player spell. There are many raid mechanics that cannot be prevented regardless of your defense against it in normal applications.

AMS vs Searing Seeds is one of those unpreventable applications.

Quote Originally Posted by alexishomer View Post

Magic is essentially things that aren't physical and unclassified. Diseases are magic attacks too. They are nature magic generally.
    The Molten Lord melt armor is a fire school ability (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100767).

Physical abilities do not get blocked by AMS. I do not think there is an exception to this (though I've been wrong before.) Things like diseases, poisons, and some odd debuffs are still magic.

So while some magic things will not be prevented due to mechanics, I do not believe that any physical thing will get an exception allowing it to be prevented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Diseases are magic attacks too. They are nature magic generally.
    well maybe not "nature" magic but definitely Magic in application vs Physical application.

Alex:
    Thunder Clap for instance is not applied via spell but is also not applied using a weapon. This ability (along with pretty much all warrior abilities) is a "spell type looking ability" but is physical application (and damage) such as also Searing Seed (especially since Searing Seed is fire DAMAGE in nature but applied via physical application) hence why AMS only prevents the fire explosion from SS but not the actual application of it.

though i wonder if a pally's Hand of protection (SS is "technically" considered a physical attack since HoP says attack and not just physical damage) and/or Divine Shield would prevent the application... My raid does use 2-3 pallies.
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-08-10 at 07:51 PM.

As a human dk, I can trinket the stun and ams. It still applies the debuff. Save ams for when it explodes.
    Frost DK? Frost DK!
    Murava <Damage per Second> US - Tichondrius
    Dragon Soul Heroic 10m videos [6/8]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murava View Post
    As a human dk, I can trinket the stun and ams. It still applies the debuff. Save ams for when it explodes.
    but the fact that you can remove the Fiery Cyclone ability prevention would not have an effect on the 5-7 seconds of available AMS but there's a mechanic that humans have an advantage of. Good to know, thanks for the advice on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murava View Post
    Damn I didn't even think of that. Woo 3 extra seconds of my terrible sloppy Unholy DPS =P Probably use it just to dance with a raid member to tick them off.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    though i wonder if a pally's Hand of protection (SS is "technically" considered a physical attack since HoP says attack and not just physical damage) and/or Divine Shield would prevent the application... My raid does use 2-3 pallies.
    Not sure if HoP prevents the application, but it definitely removes the seeds (blowing it up). It happened on one of our heroic pulls and people were quite pissed at losing the buff.

Damn I didn't even think of that. Woo 3 extra seconds of my terrible sloppy Unholy DPS =P Probably use it just to dance with a raid member to tick them off.
    I wouldn't say Unholy is terrible for that fight. Sure, it may not be up there with Combat Rogues or Fury warriors due to cleave mechanics, but it should still be pretty competitive with other melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ejalfi View Post
    I wouldn't say Unholy is terrible for that fight. Sure, it may not be up there with Combat Rogues or Fury warriors due to cleave mechanics, but it should still be pretty competitive with other melee.
    Sim'd Data on where UH stands vs listed combat rogues and fury warriors (though not for 1 particular fight) but i couldn't imagine cleaving would make them sub par just for that. maybe slightly less efficient but not enough to make them terrible i would have to agree.