Thread: Trinket Opinion

Trinket Opinion

I had been using the DMC:Tsunami and reg Fall of Mortality as holy but recently I've been playing disc more and thinking of what trinkets to use.

I have those two as well as the fiery quintessence moonwell chalice and tyrande's doll, the chalice seems underwhelming and the fiery quintessence maybe would be good for majordomo but not for every boss I would think. I never used tyrande's doll because the spirit on the other trinkets for holy was better but now as disc I'm thinking of taking it off my paladin to use.

thoughts?

Deleted
    I think the doll would be better for disc.

So maybe FoM + Doll swapping out FoM for Fiery Quintessence on some fights

Kind of would like to get Jaws of Defeat to drop to try that out :S

Deleted
    I find jaws tedious, I hate having to spend mana to get it back. But the INT is rather nice. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiery Quintessence is trash unless you need it for the throughput boost. It's less MP5 than DMC:T. Chalice is better for a throughput trinket IMO for Disc(AoE at least, not so much single target). I personally use DMC:T/FoM as Disc until I get the trinket off Majordomo. Then I just need to convince my guild to start working on Sinestra T_T

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Fiery Quintessence is trash unless you need it for the throughput boost. It's less MP5 than DMC:T. Chalice is better for a throughput trinket IMO for Disc(AoE at least, not so much single target).
    Honestly curious to see if you have some math behind this? I felt like I was getting some pretty good returns from Quintessence by getting 2-3 Rapture procs during its uptime (went from 8-9K mana per Rapture to 11-12K mana). But, if it's been proven that it's actually less MP5, then maybe I'll ditch it. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Honestly curious to see if you have some math behind this? I felt like I was getting some pretty good returns from Quintessence by getting 2-3 Rapture procs during its uptime (went from 8-9K mana per Rapture to 11-12K mana). But, if it's been proven that it's actually less MP5, then maybe I'll ditch it. :\
    Well, It's 1149 int right? with a 25/90 uptime 1149*(25/90) = 319. So it's less slightly less(not much). Then DMC:T fully stacked is 400 spirit, while this is 383 spirit. It's like a while 10mp5 loss, but still technically less. Reguarding Rapture, assuming a Rapture every 15 seconds, FC is 4 mp5 less than DMC:T. However, if you can manage your rapture/trinket procs like a boss, it will be a MP5 gain over DMC:T. Just a PitA to get the third proc.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Well, It's 1149 int right? with a 25/90 uptime 1149*(25/90) = 319. So it's less slightly less(not much). Then DMC:T fully stacked is 400 spirit, while this is 383 spirit. It's like a while 10mp5 loss, but still technically less. Reguarding Rapture, assuming a Rapture every 15 seconds, FC is 4 mp5 less than DMC:T. However, if you can manage your rapture/trinket procs like a boss, it will be a MP5 gain over DMC:T. Just a PitA to get the third proc.
    you have just proven that the "constant" use of FQ (in terms of manareg) is similar as Tsunami.
    Now if you're a little clever boy, you'll time youre CDs (1-2x shadowfiend and hymn) with it, and you will overtake DMC by far!

@Vicious: you shouldnt go with Tsunami+Fall(nh) if you have tyrandes doll. tyrande is better mp5 then both of the others. but you have to rember to use it, thats the downside :-). you can also be lazy and bind it to an expensive heal, but then you might waste it a few times...
    The good thing about on-use-mana is that you can use it when you need it. Whenever you reach 100% mana (at begining of fight, after manareg-CDs)
    your spirit does nothing, but you can trigger tyrande whenever its needed and its worth it.

Fall also has less spirit up compared to DMC, if dmc never falls of! if you have fights where you often dont heal 20sec, then use fall.

chalice is cool, its nice to have some CDs to improve heals for the burn-phases. bind it to Self-Infusion :-)
    the only downside: its mastery, which is not what I want for a heavy burstphase where you only spamm GH the tank or PoH.
    mastery has a more "constant" use in form of PWS-empowering, but you just cant use shields more than so often in those 20sec. It is epic when youre Bubblebotting though :-)

Yeah the timing needed to get 3 raptures off each use of FQ makes it not worth it to me when so much else is going on in some fights, besides you don't use throughput CDs exclusively for mana return. On top of all that its silly to have both that and the Doll as they cant be used off CD together (lolz two on use trinkets) probably just going to go with what I used in the raid last night FoM(maybe get the heroic one) and the Doll then replace the doll with Jaws and pray for a Shard of Woe to go with it one day.

Turns out as disc the Doll was about 70-80 more mp5 overall on boss fights than the tsunami card, I don't know if the card is better than FoM or not but they are close and the stacking is slow for disc.