Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistro-FSK View Post
    "White Chicks", Wayans brothers, 2004

Those cold, dead, blue eyes scare the shit out of me.
    Big Momma's House?

Deleted
    Silent Hill is pretty good with nice story.

ThanksKilling.

Ruined that holiday for me, now I'm afraid of evil turkeys.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I really liked 1408, even after watching it a 3rd time in about two weeks, which is really rare for me. It ain't particuarly terrifying, but I really like the whole idea, the suspense, etc.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Silent Hill wasn't very scary for me, just disturbing but overall an awesome movie. House on Haunted Hill scared the crap out of me when I was little and The Grudge and The Ring are both pretty freaky.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Grudge
    The Ring
    The Mothman Prophecies
    Insidious

Quote Originally Posted by zerozenx View Post
    The Grudge
    The Ring
    The Mothman Prophecies
    Insidious
    That movie was soooo boring imo. We just rented it bc the trailer looked great. Then we watched it and I was like wtf is this? The only horror movie that has rattled me a little in recent years is paranormal activity 1&2 I love turning on my surround sound, shutting off all the lights and watching it. Its all about the mood for me.

I found Insidious to be a terrible movie, it had about 2 spooky scenes then the rest of the movie was utter crap. It reminded me of one of those syfy films, you know the ones. GIANT OCTOPUS VS MEGASHARK!

Doesn't there exist a horror movie like the haunted house attractions at the fair? Those could be pretty scary if done well

Alien, that gave me nightmares.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dawn of the Dead, Le Horde, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, land of the dead, 4th kind, Fire in the Sky, In the Mouth of Madness, Martyrs, The Fly, Orphanage, Quarantine, Rec, Rec 2, Land of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Hatchet 1 and Hatchet 2, Ogre, The People Under the Stairs, Braindead, Monkey Shines, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Chucky, Halloween, The Hills Have Eyes 1 and 2, The Messengers, The Strangers, Last House on the Left, IT, The Langoliers, The Mist, The Walking Dead (Television series), X Files (Movies and TV series), Millenium (TV Series), and there is plenty more just drawing a blank now.

Also it is all about atmosphere. When I first watched Fire in the Sky I was 8 years old alone in my bedroom with a blanket over my head. During one scene I went running out of my room screaming for my Mommy. I watch the movie now and I laugh.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2011-08-11 at 11:07 PM.

I don't know why but at my age 26yrs u can pretty much expect what going to happend the a scene so ur not scared but when i saw Paranormal Activity in Theaters ...
    made my stomach sick the good way

Quote Originally Posted by felix014 View Post
    play Amnesia
    that game terrifies me. I love the game, still playing it though

Insidious
    The Descent
    The Shining
    The Exorcist -1973

Deleted
    Well I was curious about this thread when I saw it, and since I have watched the trailer for Paranormal Activity and I don't think I will be sleeping tonight, there is something about that type of film that I hate so much, must mean they are quite good.

I would agree with The Decent, but there is just one scary bit in that that almost made me crap myself when i saw it at the cinema.

Not a movie, but anyone who enjoys psychological horror or stuff that generally messes with your head, I'd recommend checking out the series " Marble Hornets " from youtube, has 46 parts now and still going. Length of the parts differ greatly, some are like under a minute while the longest ones last around 10mins I reckon.

Basic plot is that a media student called Alex was filming a school project movie when strange things start to happen, and he gets stalked by the Slenderman. Not gonna start explaining who/what is Slenderman so you'll just have to google it for yourself or watch the series There are a lot more series based on the Slenderman on youtube, imo this one's the best tho.

I generally don't get scared of horror nowadays, but this one's gotten me to check behind my back a few times/get even slightly paranoid at the worst times!

In my opinion, if you are looking to watch a good scary movie, then 'The Grudge ' and 'The Last Exorcism' can be a good choice. I have seen all parts in both movies and all of them were really scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evil Dead. Amazing movie.

The Fourth Kind
    http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1220198/

I've watched tons and tons of "horror" movies, but this movie really got to me. Don't let the IMDB rating scare you off, give it a shot IF YOU DARE !

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paranormal activity is anti climatic and rather dull if you're not into beliefs that much. Walking dead is a good creepy series to watch. You could try The strangers, the Crazies, Seven, pretty much any japanese horror film you can find, etc.