10+ Year Old Account

Rylin Switfblade,help! Re-write

And for though's of you that didn't know the bio of Rylin was a rough draft =p

So I have chosen to re-write on the concept and story of the forsaken 'Rylin Swiftblade', and I'm going to have to drop Charr Hellrune as a character cause lets face it he was rough around the edges and very complex character who seemed to me that he already lived his life.Being more of a loner/hermit as time went on. So I have been thinking of more ways the further Rylin Swiftblade by re-writing his Bio, and I need help. Mostly with the weakness, is it physical or a mental flaw? and a few pointers will also be very much helpful if you don't mind,cause I believe writing a bio for the forsaken is different from other races.

Sorry for taking kind of long to reply.

First of all for Forsaken Bios, You need basically 2 bios.
    One life pre-ressurection(It can be very short, but this information is crucial to the character itself.)
    And the life as a Forsaken. That's the only difference to regular Bios. As I commented in your Last version, the point in time at which your character died is important. I for example used Age: 27 (Died at 18) for my Forsaken iirc.

Now on to your character.

My main concern is the many many classes your character has mastered. To elaborate, mastering all of those in a single Lifetime is impossible in my book.
    Shadow Ascendants are the most powerful members of the Forsaken Shadow, and most of them are Priests. It is very difficult for a rogue to achieve that (granted there are rogue ascendants but they are few) even more so master it.

Spymasters are the best spies imaginable. There are 5 or 6 in World of Warcraft at the moment, perhaps a few more in Lore, and their trade is also a very difficult one and extremely hard to master.

Light slaying Rogues are basically zealots of the Forsaken shadow with extreme skill, so this class is not as unlikely to master, but it still takes time.
    Dark Rangers for humans are nearly impossible to achieve, All but one of them are High/Bloodelves. The one exception being Nathanos Blightcaller (Formerly Nathans Marris) And raising to his level wouldn't be suitable for an RP Character in my book. If you wish to try it anyways, you would have had to have strong ties to the High elves in your life and been a ranger all along. So again no time for the other masteries.

If you want to have multiple aspects of the classes you are free to do so, but you can't be every one of this prestigious classes to full extent, only limited. You could take some of the archery and poisons skills of a dark Ranger combined with the cunning abilities of a Lightslayer partly, but anymore than something like that is too much for a single character.
    If you choose to combine the classes you have to create a history that explains it. The most important part in your history is how you became a hero, not what you did when you already were one. The Forum roleplaying is for telling those stories in the end.

Now on to you question about weaknesses. Every Character has a weakness of course and finding one as the creator can be difficult. I tend to give mine weaknesses that can hurt them really hard, but I tend to adjust them to their characters, if you find a good weakness characters are way more fun to play, coping with them and overcoming them is one of the most interesting parts of RP. Think along the lines "What could really screw my character up at times?" or "What would be hindering but doable for a *Hero*?"

Again to provide some examples:
    My Paladin is an absolute hot head and may loose control in battle over his zeal, My shaman is nearly 60 so his stamina and strength sometimes forsake him. My shadow priest has a crushed leg and needs his cane to move, I have a concept of a dwarven Marksman who smokes a lot and is therefor extremely short winded, I think you get the idea.

I don't really want to suggest anything specific, since you should draw the concept of the character in the end.

I hope this was of help to you, if you have anymore questions, ask away.

Edit: before I forget, if you lack ideas or hooks to start your story or certain aspects of it there is a huge catalog of questions, that may help you. To explain: don't answer all of them. Read over the catalog and maybe you find a question and go "I haven't thought of that but I could do,..." It helped me for creating some of my character's traits maybe it helps you too: >>Link<<
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-08-11 at 09:05 AM.