High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroics, What and Why?

Hello,

Thanks for taking a look.

Now.. I'm very aware that certain classes although greatly homogenized, excel in certain aspects of the game.

i know for example that for healing Resto Druids are kings of 25 man raiding and are doing exceptionally well.

i also know that Shadow Priests have monumental scaling with raid buffs and put out absurd numbers in 25 man raiding.

But what im really interested in is the more smaller aspects of the game, im talking about heroics and solo play.

from an entirely pve-focused point of view, id very much like you to take the time to explain to me

1. Which Tank would you choose to play with considering a heroic dungeon only setup.
    2. Which DPS would you think would best perform in your similiar 5man scenarios where buffs arent guaranteed.
    3. Finally, which healer do you believe really excels at keeping people up the easiest, or offers the most for small scale content.

Most importantly, why?

Very much appreciated.

on a minor note, i am not subscribed to world of warcraft, i do have lots of high levels and i am in no way asking which fotm class or whatever to roll. i am genuinely interested in the state of the game at this level.

Thanks!

A good moonkin would probably tear apart 5 mans, he brings half of his own buffs with him and is pretty fucking broken for multi target encounters.

For healers maybe a paladin, with all of their neat little tricks. A resto druid doesn't have enough people in a heroic to put out the kinds of numbers you see in a raid setting.

If it's just 5-man heroics you're after, I think Druid is a great way to go. I've had great luck tanking 5-man heroics on a feral druid, and I'll know I'll always have Mark of the Wild and at least one battle res. Plus you can do anything with a druid (tank, heal, range dps, melee dps), all of which are viable at the 5-man level.

For DPS, you could certainly go Boomkin (haste bonus, mark of the wild, battle res, healing in a pinch, damage reduction) as the poster above mentioned. Another dps class that I think would be great for solo/5mans would be a mage or a lock. With a mage, you get the int buff, free food, heroism, and focus magic - not bad! Locks get healthstones, a battle res/soulstone, summons (if you're pugging 5-mans with a group that doesn't have the mass summon).

For straight 5 man content, a well played DK Tank can do a lot of stuff on his own including soloing some/all bosses. After that, Paladin Tanks take very little damage and can even heal themselves.

DPS, Moonkin is prolly a good choice. Arcane Mages don't rely on many buffs to just hit 1 over and over. Warlocks, Death Knights and Rogues can do really nice DPS without others buffing them too much.

Paladins start out great and scale well. Disc Priests start out a little weak, but scale the best getting to a point where you can do 5-8k DPS and keep everyone healed with Smite alone and then having strong bubbles and cooldowns for when things get hairy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, thanks for the answers so far, also bear in mind the gear you would be using is only available from the 5 man content you are doing.

Just to reiterate, its not a character im looking to roll

im wondering what you would choose for EACH roll in particular.

Deleted
    go 5 druids, because you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pridemane View Post
    go 5 druids, because you can.
    I say 5 paladins but you decide yourself