Buying new laptop

Hey guys, I'm starting 3 years high school here in a week, and only have a small 10" notebook, and would like to upgrade to something a little bigger.
    Aldi (german super-market chain) has just released a new Medion laptop (My desktop is also a Medion bought in Aldi, and it has, and still do, served me well.) But I'd like you guys to overlook some of the stats, as I'm not completely sure if it would also be able to run a little wow, TF2, LoL, Minecraft and such.

Here's the stats:
    2nd generation Intel Core i3-2310M processor (2,10 GHz, 3 MB Intel Smart Cache, Intel Hyper Threading-technology)
    Intel HD graphic, Intel Quick-sync video and Intel Clear Video HD-technology.
    750 GB SATA-hard drive
    4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    High Definition Audio with 2 speakers, Dolby Advanced Audio v2
    USB 3.0

15,6" by the way. If you could me if that would work, I'd deeply appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 08:23 PM ----------

http://aldi.medion.com/md98730/dk/?refPage=aldi Here's the link, in Danish though. But that's how it looks, lol.

Integrated graphic cards are bad for gaming =\
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It wouldn't work? ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylios View Post
    It wouldn't work? ;(
    It'd certainly play the games you listed. However, it its not a power machine, and would not carry you very far into the future.

Deleted
    it will work but dont expect to run anything at great settings, also that is the rule when buying anything from aldi or lidl.

Ok thanks, but not exactly, my desktop Medion from Aldi runs nearly all games at best graphics with 40-60 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Zylios View Post
    Ok thanks, but not exactly, my desktop Medion from Aldi runs nearly all games at best graphics with 40-60 fps
    It probably has a graphics card... the laptop doesn't.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    As I see on the Aldi Homepage, the price is 599 Euro.
    I recently bought a Lenovo ThinkPad E520 for my sister for about the same price, better CPU (i5 2410m), better GPU, only 500gb hdd though, and I like thinkpads, they're usually very well manufactured.
    I would recommend this one, certainly over the Aldi one.
    Oh and a non-glossy screen. I prefer that in a notebook, but that's personal choice.

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/leno...6-41a36321486d
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-08-10 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    As I see on the Aldi Homepage, the price is 599 Euro.
    I recently bought a Lenovo ThinkPad E520 for my sister for about the same price, better CPU (i5 2410m), better GPU (lol), and I like thinkpads. Less HDD though, but I would recommend this one, certainly over the Aldi one.

hmm yes that's a much better laptop for gaming lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    It probably has a graphics card... the laptop doesn't.
    While integrated graphics are obviously bad, we're walking about some pretty underpowered games here, not battlefield 3.

you will be able to play those games with the lowest possible settings with playable fps but thats it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    hmm yes that's a much better laptop for gaming lol
    not really, but it's about the same price with better specs.

mmmh the laptop you linked has a dedicated graphic card (its a mid range GPU , its really not bad) and a better cpu .. for the same price lol , yes its a much better laptop for gaming

lol hence "better"
    My laptop has a core 2 duo and a 4650M and does fairly well with most games.. can even play crysis/crysis2 (not maxed settings but still)... and the one you linked is much better than mine.
    Naturally though I don't play any games on my laptop anymore now that I have a real gaming pc heh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    mmmh the laptop you linked has a dedicated graphic card (its a mid range GPU , its really not bad) and a better cpu .. for the same price lol , yes its a much better laptop for gaming
    yeah I think you were being sarcastic. It is a better laptop, no doubt, but from the "for gaming lol" part I smelled sarcasm So you weren't, okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much do you want to spend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevil View Post
    How much do you want to spend?
    I'm guessing around 600 €, since that is the price of the notebook he linked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a Dell when I travel and want to play some games, I bought one last year for around 1k and works really good.
    For that range you can try

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15...iron-15r-n5110

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15...iron-15r-n5110

Deleted
    The one I linked still wins, so I'll just repost it: