Thread: Zombie Plans!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zombie Plans!

Something to do while I wait for more info from various things.. You know, other than work.. Which I really should be doing.. Evil evil work.

Mine is a giant hamster ball.. No matter which side the Zombies attack from, they just push me. If they start pushing from all sides, I just get pushed up over their heads and roll on top of them.

Swat gear in a duffle bag for when I gotta get out of the ball. All that thick clothing, they cant get through. Slowly make my way up north, to the cold weather. and the bears. Bears are zombies natural predator don cha know

15+ Year Old Account
    Ironman suit.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Hamster balls are plastic and easy for zombies to break. Zombies arent held back by human physical limitations because they cant feel pain. And if they were to climb on top of you, well then, it would seem you are screwed.

Zombie survival guide has taught me: Chain mail armor and a zeppelin. But i have neither so ill have to make a zeppelin out of legos and bed sheets.

Deleted
    Lets assume i am being serious and realistic? I live near the coast, if i can dodge zombies for an hour on foot i can reach a boat. Steal it, and fish live off the sea until things die down. I also have several "deactivated" assault weapons in the house, purely decorative of course. The UK has many small islands off scotland, i can easily clear one and set up a temp base.

My plans:
    grab katana,cellphone.
    steal neighbor's hummer, drive over and pick up my best friend and his girlfriend(both are in my neighborhood)
    stop by the nearby sporting goods store, grab supplies (guns/ammos/clothes/etc.)
    loot nearby gas station
    drive up to michigan from texas and pick up my girlfriend from her school(why are you so far away from T-T)
    drive up to canada, wait it out in a forest somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ra1n View Post
    My plans:
    grab katana,cellphone.
    As much as it has style, I'd never take a katana as a antizombie weapon, too cumbersome, especially to someone untrained.

For me:
    Ranged weapon: P90
    Melee: Trench Spike

Clothing:
    Sharksuit over neoprene leggings and top.

Hideout:
    Island if they're stopped by water zombies
    Top of a lighthouse like structure if they're not.

Hamster balls are plastic and easy for zombies to break. Zombies arent held back by human physical limitations because they cant feel pain. And if they were to climb on top of you, well then, it would seem you are screwed.

Zombie survival guide has taught me: Chain mail armor and a zeppelin. But i have neither so ill have to make a zeppelin out of legos and bed sheets.
    Hard plastic, would make it hard to break through, and if they manage to get on top, I can shift my own weight to help turn, unless completely surrounded.

If I have a serious plan, it would be much like Eights. I live in hawaii, and while its got a huge population on Oahu, the other islands are largely unpopulated, and have a much larger supply of fish and such. Blunt, light weight objects that I can swing quickly without becoming tired, thick clothing to avoid scratches and bites, and go straight for a boat, or drag my kayak out and launch from a beach until I can get a boat large enough to take me to one of the other islands.

As for sporting goods stores, I'm afraid I would not go there. If I have that idea, it means other people did. Which means that if I'm not there first, Im locked out, or arrive to an empty store. I would avoid sharp and bladed weapons, as they are to easy to get stuck from a badly angled swing in the bone, or in between ribs, or othre such mishaps.
    Last edited by ruinshin; 2011-08-10 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Love the people taking unrealistic things such as shark suits, do you happen to have one in the house? Got to be realistic rather than optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Love the people taking unrealistic things such as shark suits, do you happen to have one in the house? Got to be realistic rather than optimistic.
    I think that if we're suspending disbelief enough for zombies to exist, we can assume my local marine supply store has a shark suit :-p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    I think that if we're suspending disbelief enough for zombies to exist, we can assume my local marine supply store has a shark suit :-p.
    More fun to assume its sudden. Lets say they start the attack in 10 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    More fun to assume its sudden. Lets say they start the attack in 10 mins.
    The outbreak starts in 10 minutes, or 99% of the population turns in 10 minutes.

If it's the latter and I'm being honest, I grab all the food in my house, my trenchspike (which i actually have), bow and arrow and head for the deepest back woods i can find.

It'd be interesting to give an exact scenario (Outbreak starts, and reaches critical mass in 3 days, what do you do) other than vagueness, because it greatly affects my reaction :-)

Pfft. Zombies can swim and sneak on your boat.

If its sudden and realistic, then id go as far as i can in a car and/or bicycle, live in a cave i find, then suicide when they find me.

Take my Wakizashi, (yes it's a combat sword, non decorative, and I have training in its use) run over to the Win-Co parking lot across the street from my house, steal a van, load it full of supplies from Win-Co, and meet my friends at the Harbor. We then combine our supplies, (one of my friends would be bringing guns) we would then steal a shipping barge and go drift for a while. And yes, all of my friends are in on this, we all made our zombie plans after watching the red vs blue episode where Griff talks about zombie plans. And one of my friends has a lot of boating and fishing experience. We would be fine, assuming at least myself and my friend with boating/fishing experience got there alive. Of course, zombies are biologically impossible, (lol an infection can't animate the dead and give them super strength) so if there are zombies, it HAS to be dark magic. That would prove that magic is real, so I would beseech the power of Sparda and gain Devil Trigger powers and my own Devil Arm. Demons > zombies.

15+ Year Old Account
    You kidding? Here - I just uploaded a quick video of me getting into my suit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWB_yoJz4E
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    You kidding? Here - I just uploaded a quick video of me getting into my suit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWB_yoJz4E
    With proof like that i cannot argue.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Pfft. Zombies can swim and sneak on your boat.

If its sudden and realistic, then id go as far as i can in a car and/or bicycle, live in a cave i find, then suicide when they find me.
    The dead do not swim, at best they will float randomly from the bloated gas.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 10:43 PM ----------

Lets assume we are halfway through the zombie outbreak, starting day 2.
    Day 1 the government tells people it is some sort of disease. more people are getting sick, hospitals are over run, people are getting worried and some are panicking. Think Y2K post 9/11.
    Day 2 (today), the cat is out of the bag people know what is going down. Zombies are not in full control yet, mass panic, the army cannot maintain control.
    Day 3, Zombies outnumber the general population, Government is non existent, everyone is out for themselves. No law enforcement whatsoever. Think Dawn of the dead 2 thirds into the movie.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 10:43 PM ----------

Lets assume we are halfway through the zombie outbreak, starting day 2.
    Day 1 the government tells people it is some sort of disease. more people are getting sick, hospitals are over run, people are getting worried and some are panicking. Think Y2K post 9/11.
    Day 2 (today), the cat is out of the bag people know what is going down. Zombies are not in full control yet, mass panic, the army cannot maintain control.
    Day 3, Zombies outnumber the general population, Government is non existent, everyone is out for themselves. No law enforcement whatsoever. Think Dawn of the dead 2 thirds into the movie.
    You are taking the fun out of this fun stuff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farscape View Post
    I'm too lazy to take a picture but I have a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide literally within 2 feet of me at my computer desk. I also have World War Z in a bookcase about 6 feet away. The books are hilariously funny and they can actually teach you real survival skills without sounding like a plain survival guide. I enjoy survival so I don't mind dry survival like the SAS Survival Handbook but the Zombie Survival Guide is something that is accessible to anyone, regardless of experience. For me, the first step is to get out of the city as quickly as possible. I live in Florida so my goal would be to head towards the keys (islands) and to destroy the bridges leading to them.

As for specifying the scenario, I don't think that is a good idea. If you suddenly had zombies knocking at your door, you aren't going to have time to check the internet to figure the details of the infection. If you flee 100 miles away, will you escape the center of the outbreak? Who knows... All you know is that you got zombies wanting to take a bite outta your leg. If you had advanced notice about the infection though like if the outbreak was in a different part of the country, then you better be gearing up for the worst.
    Both great books, especially WWZ. Shows how ineffective our military would be against a zombie horde.

We would head to a friends house whose located in the side of a hill decently far away from major population centres. We would bring what supplies we could and wait there for a few days being careful not to use up all the supplies until the mass panic has subsided and the majority of the populace is dead or undead.

The next stage of our plan would be to steal a van of some sort and begin making supply runs into local towns and villages where there will be less zombies we would also look for more weapons, guns if possible left by police and army trying to contain the infection. Afterwards when we have collected supplies and have some array of weapons we would raid a building supply depot for bricks, lots of bricks and cement which we would then use to block up every downstairs window and door of the house, the stairs would also have to be bricked up as they can't be destroyed (made of stone and build into the house). The only access would be via a ladder through an upstairs window, this would keep us well out of reach of any zombies.

With supplies, weapons and fortifications sorted we would then just stay put, going out for supply runs when needed and maybe recreation ( i meant who wouldn't want to destroy shit when everyones dead?) Theres enough stores and supplies in the area to keep us going for a good while. When supplies begin to dwindle we would think about moving on to another area or maybe try and get into mainland europe.

Deleted
    My plan. Get an APC, go get loved ones. Go to weapon shop, get rifles(they are close to where loved ones live). Go to supermarket, kill zombies, grab food and drinks, load apc. Go to gas station, load some canisters for my APC... or actually get 2 APCs, one filled with food and one with gas, even better if I have solar powered APCs or something. Then go to sea, rob another supermarket, go onto a ship. Put APCs on ship, no leaving perfectly good defenses down. Then move to Malta, rob a shop there and get some bas for the ship. Move to Gibraltar, same thing then move to Faeroe Islands, clear an island with my APCs and guns along with my loved ones (zombie hunting!) and then start building a small fortress out of stone.

Lets assume i am being serious and realistic? I live near the coast, if i can dodge zombies for an hour on foot i can reach a boat. Steal it, and fish live off the sea until things die down. I also have several "deactivated" assault weapons in the house, purely decorative of course. The UK has many small islands off scotland, i can easily clear one and set up a temp base.
    what will you drink on the ship?