Leveling a Warlock - Looking for some basic info

I have a handful of toons at 85 - and my Warlock is the newest alt I'm leveling. I thought Priests had a lot of buttons to choose from and my little lock just put her to shame. Anyways, she's currently in the mid 50's for level and I've played around a bit with both Afflic and Demo specs (I have yet to try out Destro).

Are there any good sources out there that can help with the basics at this level of how I should be best utilizing my lock? I would like to establish good habits now while I'm leveling rather than trying to relearn at level 85.

Unfortunately, leveling and endgame are two very different beasts and must be tackled in different ways, so regardless of what you do now you are going to have to relearn a lot at level 80+.

That said, like any other class, I would try to get a good feel for what ALL your abilities do, that way when it comes time to raid/ do heroics you know what tools are available to you. Do not be afraid to experiment. Leveling as aff, you want basically want to dot up as many mobs as you can and use haunt on cd, and then use drain life to keep your health up as they die, you'll be able to handle LOTS of mobs at once this way. In instances it's basically the same thing, although since you have a healer you'll want to use shadow bolt instead of life drain in most situations, and use seed of corruption in aoe situations. Use felhunter as pet.

As demo, you want to dot lots of mobs, using Hand of Guldan on cd and shadowbolt as your nuke except for molten core procs where you'll use incinerate, and decimate where you'll use soul fire. You're dots won't hit as hard as aff, but felguard hits like a warrior at low levels, so keep him up and use felstorm to mow down mobs by the dozens. In instances, dot, hand of gul'dan, shadowbolt. Hellfire for aoe. When you get it, metamorphosis on cd, especially in aoe situations.

A few quick suggestions:
    - Affly tends to be too slow for leveling, simply cause by the time you place DoTs - Destro or Demo would take the mob down to 10% HP.
    - Affly NO LONGER has the self healing it had before - in fact, it seems to be the lowest of 3 specs right now (after the Drain Life nerf).
    - Demo has awesome survival and epic AoE, which tends to be incredibly useful in 60-80 when you severely overpower the mobs your level.
    - Destruction has some really good nuking and CC capabilities, 99% of the time the mobs will NEVER come near you.
    - Get Glyph of Fear and use Fear whenever you face more than 1 Mob - it is always faster to play safe, instead of corpse running or eating.
    - Demo can easily solo 5man quests - there will be almost no quest that your VW or FG can not tank, especially when u get Doomguard/Infernal.
    - Dest has access to Shadowburn, which is awesome for cheap mob killing (especially when glyphed), and it gives you 3 shards back (instant soulfire ftw).
    - Warlocks get almost NO use from spirit - only out of combat MANA regeneration. Better go for Intellect and Stamina and use Life Tap and Soul Harvest.
    - Intellect is by far your best friend. If u have a choice - always take one with more Intellect (as far as leveling goes).
    - Soulstones, Healthstones and Rituals no longer cost any shards - use them whenever needed and have them always ready.
    - Use your Soulshards (soulburn) as much as possible, you get 3 back from Drain Soul kill, Shadowburn kill or Soul Harvest, so you always have em. (macro soulburn with ur spells).

Thank you both for taking the time to provide me with some really great useful information. Some of those great tips definitely have helped. I've already been prioritizing Intellent - and taking any upgrade that gives me more of it, so I'm all good there.