Poll: What will u do

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Agreed with the way money is nowa days where milk cost more then gas the game company's are doing things so they make money and players can still pay for it even if they got a low budget. and i know its been a long time but wtf was up with blizzard removing the 30day time cards that sucks. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    Just too much competition these days, and people are not willing to make a huge commitment and buy subscription based MMOs. WoW is one of a kind since it is so huge, but I would not expect new titles to thrive with a pay-to-play model.

Microtransactions and the like are better, and can make more profit than just the subscription. It is just a matter of how good a F2P game is, and what kind of items are sold by the companies, how they affect balance and such.

F2P with nice micro-transactions is the better model nowadays for companies and players alike.
    Didn't WoW lose another 300K players recently?

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Didn't WoW lose another 300K players recently?
    900k total but is it just me or did everyone forget that blizzard said dearing WOTLK they had 14mil players and now its 11.1mil yes thats a big number but 14mil was a bigger number.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Agreed with the way money is nowa days where milk cost more then gas the game company's are doing things so they make money and players can still pay for it even if they got a low budget. and i know its been a long time but wtf was up with blizzard removing the 30day time cards that sucks. LOL
    Milk has always cost more than gas.. Those items aren't comparable.

Where on ebay cause i remember when milk was like 2.20$ and gas was 2.75$-3.50$ now milk is almost 4$ and gas is getting close to 4$.

*Facts are things u need before u make a statement*

Where on ebay cause i remember when milk was like 2.20$ and gas was 2.75$-3.50$ now milk is almost 4$ and gas is getting close to 4$.

*Facts are things u need before u make a statement*
    "was like" is not fact either, you know.

"was like" is not fact either, you know.
    Ok let me say it this way then i do remember when milk was 2.20$ and gas cost more sorry i didn't chose the right words for you. Is that much better.

Ok let me say it this way then i do remember when milk was 2.20$ and gas cost more sorry i didn't chose the right words for you. Is that much better.
    Still no fact, yet you're calling me out on it.

Still no fact, yet you're calling me out on it.
    Dude what are u 14 go troll somewhere else. *Its idiots like you that make people turn trade chat off.*

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 07:48 AM ----------

Im downloading the beta now to check out the patch not 100% sure if u have to be paying for it to play if so ill wait for the patch release..

NCsoft Paragon*not the wow guild* and Cryptic all 3 are on the game it's self but for a year or 2 Cryptic has been busy with Champions but they did help make the City of heroes*Going Rogue* they just dont play as big of a role in it. untill now with the f2p coming out there at the wheel of it i am interested i always said if COH went F2p i would come back and play it a decent amount its world boss fights was fun more so the giant octopus that was fun as hell along with the alien stuff.
    Cryptic had nothing to do with Going Rogue. NCsoft acquired the game in its entirety in 2007, using NCsoft Norcal to maintain and continue developing the game. That studio changed its name to Paragon in 2009. Cryptic is still on the box because of legal issues, they can't remove the name. That being said, Cryptic has had nothing to do with the game since it was fully acquired by NCsoft in 2007.

I know I'm going to give it a shot, Champions Online is pretty good, but I've heard a lot of great things about CoH over the years.

Dude what are u 14 go troll somewhere else. *Its idiots like you that make people turn trade chat off.*

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 07:48 AM ----------

Im downloading the beta now to check out the patch not 100% sure if u have to be paying for it to play if so ill wait for the patch release..
    Again with the personal insults when I'm just calling you out for something you tried to do to me. If you can't prove it, just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Cryptic had nothing to do with Going Rogue. NCsoft acquired the game in its entirety in 2007, using NCsoft Norcal to maintain and continue developing the game. That studio changed its name to Paragon in 2009. Cryptic is still on the box because of legal issues, they can't remove the name. That being said, Cryptic has had nothing to do with the game since it was fully acquired by NCsoft in 2007.

I know I'm going to give it a shot, Champions Online is pretty good, but I've heard a lot of great things about CoH over the years.
    You could be right on that i havent stayed updated with COH since i left besides the past few days after learning about the patch. I did play champions online its not a bad game i know people who play it now its just with me playing COH then realy hoping dcu was good i cant get into another superhero mmo. but i did try CO for a bit i liked it just didnt feel like diving a lot of time into it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 07:56 AM ----------

Again with the personal insults when I'm just calling you out for something you tried to do to me. If you can't prove it, just say so.
    U made a douch comment with no facts to my original comment and you're telling me to prove it lol. Normally people show there facts when they bash a comment befor telling someone to back up there comment so show yours or go away.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2011-08-11 at 07:57 AM.

It was a figure of speech (or a poor analogy) not meant to be taken with 100% seriousness. Chill out broskito.

It was a figure of speech (or a poor analogy) not meant to be taken with 100% seriousness. Chill out broskito.
    Ya the analogy was poor on my end but hey its 4am i can mess up LOL. the point of it was things are costing a ton nowa days so people cant always drop 15$ a month into a game and before someone says something like *just save 50cent a day*there is this thing called bills u must pay so sometimes some cant its all based on when u get payed weather its once a week every 2 weeks or once a month and how much u make.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2011-08-11 at 08:02 AM.

Chill out broskito.
    Haven't seen that one before, awesome. I'm not in arms about anything, just annoyed that he wants facts when he can't give any of his own. Who uses E-bay to buy milk anyways...

Deleted
    In my country, gas costs twice as much as milk.

Quote Originally Posted by foolmetwice View Post
    In my country, gas costs twice as much as milk.
    I have got to ask are u trolling cause if not that really sucks.

Deleted
    I have got to ask are u trolling cause if not that really sucks.
    Milk: 0,90€ / litre
    Gas: 1,60€ / litre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Isn't Lord of the Rings Online Making MORE money as "free-to-play" game?
    Only because it was losing money as p2p, making a game "free to play" is the last ditch effort.

It's an old game with a very niche market, F2P makes perfect sense. They just might pull it off and extend CoX's existence a bit longer.

That said, even with the graphic upgrade, it shows its age badly. It's a good franchise though, I'd play CoX 2 if it came out.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."