Deleted

Gaming Keyboards

My husband's birthday is coming up, he's told me that he wants a 'decent' gaming keyboard. He's a dedicated player of WOW as well as a range of other online games, he posts regularly on this site, so i thought you guys would be the best bet on helping me out here. Because quite frankly i have no idea what i'm doing. Max i'm looking to spend is £50, as i've already brought him a new iphone. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how much 50euros is compared to us dollars but check out any keyboard by http://www.razerzone.com/

http://shop.steelseries.com/en/keybo...-keyboard.html

A Merc keyboard from Steelseries. The stealth version is with light. I use this keyboard and I simply love it. I had a old G15 Logitech, but this is 10x better IMO.

You can use it as a normal keyboard, or you can use the extra gamer keyboard on the side which makes most games a lot easier to play.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Deleted
    Get Lycosa, love mine!

Logitech G110 should run you about £40-£50. Great gaming keyboard, 12 programmable custom keys, etc etc.
    New and shiny compppppp!

logitech g13.
    or a razer nostromo.

If I had to recommend one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126087 seems pretty decent. The 12 extra keys (G1 - G12) seem like it would fit your husbands need especially if hes an avid key binder.
    Light, Grant me this one last wish so that I may be released from these frozen binds and stop the utter destruction of Azeroth.
    *EXPLOSION* MY ROFLSWORD GOES SLICE SLICE SLICE SLICE.
    It is over......

i personally hate razor products for mice but there keyboards are solid. Id also recommend the G110 from logitech has 12 programmable hot keys and custom back lighting for the keys. Very solid keyboard and after you go lit you never go back. It costs around 50 US dollars so way under your budget.

Deleted
    £ is British Pounds, not euro BTW.

€ is Euro

Logitec g-15. It has several programmable keys, backlite letters, and a small screen. The screen was compatible with wow right out of the box for me, didn't have to download anything. the screen shows all of your stats, it tells you if someone whispered you when you are alt tabbed, it also shows(this on is my favorite) killing blows, deaths, and honorable kills when you are in a bg.

I couldn't find my exact keyboard, but this one must be the newest version of it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126100
    1 dollar is equal to 0.6188 pounds puting this keyboard at 55ish pounds, I know it is a little over your price limit, but it is soooo worth, lots and lots of brownie points.
    Last edited by Pocketzest; 2011-08-10 at 11:43 PM.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    Logitech G110 should run you about £40-£50. Great gaming keyboard, 12 programmable custom keys, etc etc.
    its less then £40 but then again you may have to ship it over seas im not entirely sure but yes i agree on this. the G110 is SOLID.

also I personally own a G19 a G11 and a G13 i only ever use my G19 and I'll be the first to tell you that you DO NOT need a screen on it for it to be a nice keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Logitech keyboards for almost 7 years and they never failed me.
    G110 is on sale on amazon.co.uk for ~50 pounds. (never used it, but G-Series products are most of the times awesome)
    I've also heard good things about Microsoft Sidewinder series. X4 costs ~32, X6 ~40 pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I don't know how much 50euros is compared to us dollars but check out any keyboard by http://www.razerzone.com/
    It's pounds, not euros!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moolah268 View Post
    My husband's birthday is coming up, he's told me that he wants a 'decent' gaming keyboard. He's a dedicated player of WOW as well as a range of other online games, he posts regularly on this site, so i thought you guys would be the best bet on helping me out here. Because quite frankly i have no idea what i'm doing. Max i'm looking to spend is £50, as i've already brought him a new iphone. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks.
    It's really hard to define what a "gaming keyboard" is as all that really sets them apart is a few macro buttons and illumination. And even those features have become somewhat standard in other devices.

That said, I can really vouch for the Microsoft X4 or X6 series keyboards. They are functional, seamless and with out all the useless bells and whistles other manufacturers ship. They are also reasonably priced as just around 50 dollars. So your pounds should be fine.

Here's the X6: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-AG...3016234&sr=8-1

that X6 is.... oh man.... so... so..... SO MANY features.... must.... not..... give.... in....

If it fits in budget (can find sometimes cheap) Logitech G15 is good choice. I broke mine finally after three years and switched to bit cheaper G110 which is basically the same thing without the display I hardly ever use.

Alternative would be Logitech G13 if he already has a keyboard that is still in perfect working order. For a person who types a lot, a good ergonomic office keyboard + something extra like the G13 is best compromise by far.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Logitech G110 or Microsoft Sidewinder X4.
    Simple, inexpensive, quite decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't surprise me that the first comment is a razer, they're so bad and cheap, they break and the keys are horrible. Get a logitech, they've always been ahead of everyone else in keyboards.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't make multiple topics.