Thread: Please help!

Please help!

So today my new GPU/CPU came in the mail today. The CPU was super easy to install and is working awesomely. But I received a Radeon 5570 GPU today thinking it would take maybe 10 minutes to install and almost 8 hours later here I am trying to figure out how to get it going. Ive tried many diffrent versions of CCC and none of them will work. they will download fine and it says successful but when I go to look nothing has installed. Ive tried switching from Windows 7 to XP again and that didnt help. I have a 450W PSU so that should be fine. The strange thing is also DXDIAG and device manager cannot detect the card but its fan is running and its warm right now as we speak as if ive been playing games all day. If someone can please help me so I can finally get some gaming in today that would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 01:45 AM ----------

Can anyone help?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do of course have your monitor cable plugged into the GPU right?
    Did you go to the Radeon site and download the latest drivers and everything? (I am not sure what CCC is, if it's what Radeon calls their drivers, forgive me, I've so far only used NVidia cards.)
    Other computer forum regs should be in here shortly.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I havent tried plugging the VGA into the video card, but I doubt itll work because my system wont let me install the drivers for some weird reason but I just stumbled upon something intresting..in Device Manager I clicked show hidden devices and I found "PCI Device" so I guess my computer knows something is in there just doesnt know what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try installing from the CD. I know it's sacrilege but it might do the trick. I'd honestly suggest you plug in the video to the video card, otherwise you'll never know if you'll get an image or if the card is actually working. If this is the case though, and from what you've said, I get the idea that you have onboard video as well, disable that, make the Radeon the main video source.

What motherboard do you have?
    "A flower.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the card is DOA. Even without the ATI drivers in Windows 7 the card should be picked up as a Radeon HD5500 series and just install some basic driver from Microsoft as a tide me over until you install the ATI drivers.

I use an old XFX MG-63MI-7059.
    Ive tried CD several times.
    And I just uninstalled the "PCI Device" and rebooted comp and it keeps finding the device. It forsure know its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Sounds like the card is DOA. Even without the ATI drivers in Windows 7 the card should be picked up as a Radeon HD5500 series and just install some basic driver from Microsoft as a tide me over until you install the ATI drivers.
    Yeah, nowadays everything has SOME degree of PnP functionality, it shouldn't just... not work in any way... My vote is for DoA.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I would think you just need to disable your onboard video and plug the vga into the video card itself, if that doesn't work it may be DOA.
    "A flower.

Already have it set to PCI-E from the BIOS. Unless theres somethings else. I tried the VGA in the video card then rebooted compu and nothing showed up. Im probably gonna give it one more go. Its weird though the video card is really warm right now. As if it working..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    Already have it set to PCI-E from the BIOS. Unless theres somethings else. I tried the VGA in the video card then rebooted compu and nothing showed up. Im probably gonna give it one more go. Its weird though the video card is really warm right now. As if it working..
    Older video cards are typically warm anyways, my old 9800 GT typically ran at 60 Celsius... idling.
    "A flower.

So AMD/Newegg should place it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just recently got it, looks like newegg, I'd contact newegg. I'm sure they'll replace it for you.

Btw, what CPU did you get?
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Sounds like there is a fault with the Video card tbh, I'd contact the supplier you purchased it from and get it returned and replaced has all the normal avenue's have been exhausted, such has disabling the onboard graphics and the fact windows 7 auto installs drivers when it discovers the device.

My only other suggestions are:-

Try the GPU in another compatable computer, if it don't work then its DoA. If it does work however, you then have a problem with the PCI-E slot on your motherboard. If you don't have access to another computer, do you have a spare GPU card to try?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Btw, what CPU did you get?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116381

I
    had a Celeron at 1.8ghz with 512kb cache before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116381

I
    had a Celeron at 1.8ghz with 512kb cache before.
    Not a bad 775 socket CPU at all!
    "A flower.

So I filled out an RMA and I grabbed my Driver disk for my old GPU so I can use that while I wait and now it cant detect my old GPU. What do? :I

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 03:16 AM ----------

What do

Deleted
    Is your old GPU onboard or a PCI-E card. If the latter then seem's your PCI-E slot has blown which will require a new mobo

Is there a local computer shop by you that would be able to test this for you?