Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your words invoke such wisdom, Synthaxx. I guess I'm just surprised at the consistency lately on there. =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me glad I went with MSI this time around. Hearing all those bios problems with ASUS sent me some warning flags.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Unsatisfied customers are more likely to go back and complain.
    2.) A vast majority can be contributed to user error.
    3.) The Maximus is and has been a great example of a top of the the line enthusiast motherboard. Don't let their opinion change you, as there's people that love their Maximus as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Actually, having got a replacement cpu today, the board is... Working, but not flawlessly. Will post on it in a few minutes as i just need to check a few things.
    Still waiting to hear what you have to say. :P
    "A flower.

i had bought a asus z68 pro from frys and the sata ports were bad, then i returned it and got bent cpu pins in one.
    but this third one is a charm.
    the only issue i had was the fact that a kit of ddr3 wasnt compatible with it and kept giving me bsods/restarts.
    kinda lame that only certain memory works.

10+ Year Old Account
    this will be interesting to watch, it's certainly possible that asus is cheaping out on their parts for profit, they certainly don't spend anything on customer service, a bad batch is one thing, but if they are intentionally cheaping out on parts and relying on reputation to carry them, it will come back to bite them, the computer community tends to respond very harshly to being taken advantage of, with ocz being the most recent example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    this will be interesting to watch, it's certainly possible that asus is cheaping out on their parts for profit, they certainly don't spend anything on customer service, a bad batch is one thing, but if they are intentionally cheaping out on parts and relying on reputation to carry them, it will come back to bite them, the computer community tends to respond very harshly to being taken advantage of, with ocz being the most recent example
    Definitely. I really do hope that Asus gets their act together, I wouldn't mind upgrading my motherboard in the future to a Maximus, the things look gorgeous and have so many options. But if this is the case I'll move to MSI or Gigabyte if I have to. The more I get into computers, the more I realize I want to add to my current rig, (more HDDs/SSDs = need for more SATA ports, sound card, TV tuner card) and if I want to add more, then I'll need a motherboard that will support more PCI/PCIe lane usage. The P8P67 doesn't offer much in that way, which is unfortunate. Now that I have a solid income again, I'm honestly considering upping the motherboard. As much as I want to stick with Asus, my P8P67 has worked very well for me, if they're cheaping out on their products I want nothing to do with them.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaait. I just took a good look at the Max IV Ex...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImage=13-131-700-Z08&SpinSet=13-131-700-RS&ISList=13-131-700-Z06%2c13-131-700-Z07%2c13-131-700-Z08%2c13-131-700-Z09%2c13-131-700-Z10&S7ImageFlag=1&Item=N82E16813131700&Depa=0&WaterMark=1&Description=ASUS%20MAXIMUS%20IV% 20EXTREME%20%28REV%203.0%29%20LGA%201155%20Intel%20P67%20SATA%206Gb%2fs%20USB%203.0%20Exte nded%20ATX%20Intel%20Motherboard

B
    ased on that image, assuming that someone is SLIing dual-slot GPUs, you'd have no options for anything else in addition pretty much. Ewwww. Sound card, any other SATA controllers. Well, I guess Synthaxx really does care about FPS more than anything else.
    "A flower.