Thread: destro pvp

destro pvp

i understand that most classes are forced to play one spec thats viable for pvp, but im sick to death of affliction. I have heard that destro has some viability to it so i want to try it. For now, i wanna just look at 1v1 and random bgs.

From what i have heard, destro in pvp is a control spec rather than burst. I was playing around with the talent calc and i made a spec with soul leech and the soul siphon talents in affliction. I havnt been able to try it yet though. Chaosbolt and soulfire restores health and drainlife, with each dot on the target. Though im not sure what armour is best. What do you think?

Any die hard destro fans out there to chime in ?

i play destro pvp, its a mix of both control and burst

but more importantly its about survival, which i think the spec has more of than demo or aff
    netherward should always be up, no if ands or buts, nether protection is a must
    shadowfury should always be used on cd on melee, use it on important spells on casters

then just roll out your rotation of conflags, chaos bolts, incinerate fillers, etc.
    corruption and BoD should also be on the target however 9 times out of 10 i always forget but am still able to faceroll
    and if you need moving to get away always use a felflame filler
    as long as you can keep the pressure on damage wise, they'll typically be too focused healing themselves than trying to faceroll you, and i find that it works for me, i win alot of 1v1 fights in BGs and even duels because of all that destro has to offer, aff is just dotdotdotfearspam but that doesn't always work especially when you play a class that has easy ways to break out of movement impairing effects
    So I heard you like to QQ...
    I didn't know you played a Mage

i di some yesterday but honestly went back to Demo as my offspec..between me and the felguard i think i do more dmg and i have WAY more survivavl

Deleted
    Destruction used to be damn good burst spec but nowdays its nearly impossible to get free casts just becouse everyone got interrupt.. even still i love destruction and i think it requires higher skillcap then affli DoT'n'Run spec..

Sorry, but I don't think it will be viable until Immolate gets some dispel protection.