10+ Year Old Account

25H Rhyolith steering

What set-ups for the melee do other raids use for this fight?

For the most part our steering is down, but there's moments where suddenly he's turning TOO hard to the left, and it's really making it hard to keep the boss under control.

It gets even harder when the ranged DPS start helping because sometimes there's some pretty insane pressure on the wrong side. So I guess as a second part of the question, how do you assign the DPS to help out?

How do you organize it for your raids?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Assign one set of people on the feet full time and another set to help only when a hard turn is needed.

If you make Rhyolith only make left turn's its like Nascar racing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    If you make Rhyolith only make left turn's its like Nascar racing.
    That's typically what we're trying to do, we have it currently assigned with most dps on the left, and then we stick enough on the right foot to keep him slowly turning in the "donut" so to speak. There are attempts where it's downright flawless, and then other attempts he just leans too far in one direction (and it's not always the same direction for the whole fight). How do you account for that?

Do you just call out for everybody on one leg to switch, or do you have floater dps... what's the plan?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    check out http://25man.com/firelands/rhyolith-heroic if you need any further help with Rhyolith