I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Approx. cost to move DSL jack to another room?

I have Verizon DSL and there is only one jack in my apartment that is currently capable of being used with my DSL. Unfortunately this spot is in a walkway and the only way to put the modem is high up on a shelf quite a few feet a way. Make a wrong step while looking out the window and step on the power or phone wire and you'll have a modem flying at your head (my daughter happens to be one of the only people I've ever known to get a bruise on their forehead from a modem).

So I am just wondering what kind of cost I am looking at to have Verizon come out and move the DSL capability to a jack in one of the bedrooms?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's around the $200 range, but it's been a while since I saw it last.
    I believe it's listed as technical service on their web site.

I did the same with my dry loop connection. Moved to another room. To be completely honest, it took me about 15 minutes to do it by myself with 0 past experience.

Deleted
    You know you can get these adapters that relay your internet connection through your power supply. They're called Devolo D-LAN.

I currently use them to connect to my router that's located in the cellar without having to lay down a massive wired connection throughout the house.

The only thing you have to make sure is that both adapters are plugged into the same power circuit. Other than that it works like a charm. It doesn't impact your latency or download speed in any noticeable way and is very reliable and flexible as well. In fact, I've used in in multiple apartments here in Europe.

A starter set with 2 adapters costs roughly 60 bucks. But there might be ramifications in the US of some sort.

This is what they look like: http://www.google.de/products/catalo...ed=0CG8Q8wIwCA