Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EuBloodSolder View Post
    The destro rotation is much more complicated and unforgiving.
    And flat out (research proven) uncompetitive relative to everything else, returning to the OP's initial request - which isn't related to destro at all...

The sample size is too sample. It really is 3% difference in DPS if you know how to play, that's hardly uncompetitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sample size is too sample. It really is 3% difference in DPS if you know how to play, that's hardly uncompetitive.
    You are wasting a space in your raid with this mentality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    What the fuck records are you looking at
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...annox/25H/dps/
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...annox/10H/dps/

A little less swearing and posting of stupid meme pictures and you might have caught that yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 03:20 PM ----------

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D.../14/60/avg/#1o shows a larger difference then just 3%. The only downside to raidbots is that it only tracks what is posted on World of Logs. So if only bad people are playing Destruction in raids then it won't reflect the "good people" that can get more dps since those good people are likely affliction.

Looking at the 90th percentile you get http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Baleroc/2.../14/60/p90/#1o I used Baleroc as affliction gets skewed numbers when looking at over all Firelands due to the nature of Alysrazor

As for what to play? Play whatever you like. If you like Demonology better play that. If you like affliction better play that. Between the two it really doesn't matter which you play unless you are doing certain roles where one can be better then the other. If you don't like micro managing pet summons then you might want to stick to affliction. As demonology, to get as much dps as possible, requires switching pets to make use of demon soul. It can be a bit bothersome to do all that, and the pet switching is one aspect I hope blizzard changes sooner rather then later.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2011-08-13 at 03:34 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt View Post
    I dunno about you but when we kill shannox we just stand still and nuke him down, it's almost patchwerk version 2.
    You doing normal mode? cause Heroic I'm having to kite Rageface to traps a lot, and the tanks have to keep moving to shed their stacks from Shannox and Riplimb... very rarely do I get a "yay stand still and cast for a while" moment...

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Yeah...
    That's probably why a Demo lock is the highest ranked warlock on Shannox heroic, not counting those two meter humping locks above him that full dot the adds.
    25 man ranks:

Ok so that's the ranks we're talking about.

Now we play: 'find the warlock that doesn't pad meters'!

Hmm, no...

Swing and a miss, we're down but still in this game

Yeah I got nothing.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 10:56 AM ----------

But yeah, sorry I missed that the first time because I swore

I wish the rolls eyes smiley wasn't smiling so I could use it in this situation

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:01 AM ----------

And the 10 man record is bugged, unless he has a legendary and it has a 100% proc rate for him

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    You doing normal mode? cause Heroic I'm having to kite Rageface to traps a lot, and the tanks have to keep moving to shed their stacks from Shannox and Riplimb... very rarely do I get a "yay stand still and cast for a while" moment...
    Our Heroic Shannox strat is 100% stand still for everyone except one tank and two mages. Aside from shuffling aside when a trap spawns under you, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Currently I pull at least 4k-5k more dps in demo than destruction on the raider dummy.
    And as stated a dummy is an awful dps measure.
    It has no raid mechanics and no movement whatsoever.
    You are the dummy if you are using those as a dps arguement.

You should also note that if you want to compete as demo you should probably be in melee range for shadow flame and immo aura, if you are unable to do so you might as well stay afflic

Aso penguin i'm sure u know this but it's not really meter padding as afflic since you can have 3 procs (eradication, glyph of corruption, nightfall) and faster procs from your power torrent/trinket if you have dots on multiple targets >.> (by faster procs i mean like 1-2sec as they go off ICD but it will still improve your dps slightly) even as demo i wouldn't think it a terrible idea to immo the dogs on heroic shannox to get extra molten core procs
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2011-08-13 at 06:20 PM.

The amount of Damage lost from the time you would spend changing targets and the time spent putting dots on the dogs would not be greater than the amount of dps you would gain from getting more molten core procs etc. Not even close.

That being said it is worth spending a gcd on curse of Elements on Rageface since you'll probably have arcane mages or something similar pulling them off of people. The shadow and flame debuff would help a little bit also with increased crit chance, but probably is unnecessary to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    Aso penguin i'm sure u know this but it's not really meter padding as afflic since you can have 3 procs (eradication, glyph of corruption, nightfall) and faster procs from your power torrent/trinket if you have dots on multiple targets >.> (by faster procs i mean like 1-2sec as they go off ICD but it will still improve your dps slightly) even as demo i wouldn't think it a terrible idea to immo the dogs on heroic shannox to get extra molten core procs
    Does your raid leader fall for that?

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    they seriously need to adjust how doomgaurd works cd wise so its up on every attempt.
    Its the same with fire ele you can go two mineuts into a fight without seeing a proc and for earth ele its the exact same way
    Hi Sephurik

Yeah your guardians are nothing like our guardians.

Mr. Krilz is clearly mistaken. By no means is Affliction "way more competitive." They are very very similar.

The shorter the fight is the more likely it is to favor Demo and the longer it is the more likely it is to favor Affliction. Most fights are in the 6-8 minute range and the damage between the 2 specs in that time period is relatively equal.

The only "wrong" choice this tier is Destruction.

Does your raid leader fall for that?
    spending 2 gcd's every once in a while to corrup the dogs surely is worth the dmg you'd gain from constant procs, it's all still RNG tho so i guess it depends on ur luck as well lol

also am i the only one wishing theyd make impending doom effect guardians >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Our Heroic Shannox strat is 100% stand still for everyone except one tank and two mages. Aside from shuffling aside when a trap spawns under you, of course.
    Guess lucky you >.< lol, our strat often requires me to eat immo traps and drain life cause people are terrible at making Rageface walk over them and become trap immune... and the tanks like to constantly move out of range... I pretty much don't stop moving on Shannox...

"I have 3 stacks of shadow embrace to complement by UA/corruption/BoA on the dogs in order to get more eradication procs for Shannox dps!"

"Well that's swell, I don't really understand warlocks, but I'm glad you're thinking outside the box to boost your relevant damage."

How I imagine these things go down

Yeah your guardians are nothing like our guardians.
    In reguards to what kushlol said yes they are, 10 mineute dps cooldowns that irritate the shit out of you because they aren't up for the next attempt.
    Hi Sephurik

didnt say anything about ua/boa, since they don't do anything for us.. THAT is simply meter padding >.>

spending 1sec to corrup 2 adds every 18 sec is not, imo, since you have a much greater chance of getting 3 procs bc of it

Explain to me your 2 set tier bonus please.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    didnt say anything about ua/boa, since they don't do anything for us.. THAT is simply meter padding >.>

spending 1sec to corrup 2 adds every 18 sec is not, imo, since you have a much greater chance of getting 3 procs bc of it
    But no one does that