How far hardcore min-maxers go?

Was always wondering how far would min maxer go to... like would minmaxer change complete gems and reforge if they are at 16.999% hit cap to reach magic 17.0000%? Prepotting is kinda normal these days, i dont know for using saronite bombs these days...And finally, would true minmaxer change faction (from ally to horde) to get racials which we all know allies dont have and horde does. Meaning Method players cant be true minmaxers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Min maxing with ingame currency .. they go far, VERY far.
    Min maxing with real life money .. anyone making there guild spend that money just to slightly improve there raid would be out of there mind.

So do they reforge to perfect stats? Yes.
    Do they reroll there entire raid for better racials? I doubt anyone would ever do that.

Deleted
    well some guilds faction changed for a new raid lockout in the same week, so I guess those would also faction/race/whatever change for better racials.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyve View Post
    Min maxing with real life money .. anyone making there guild spend that money just to slightly improve there raid would be out of there mind.

Do they reroll there entire raid for better racials? I doubt anyone would ever do that.
    I think the very very very hardcore guilds that fight for world firsts do whatever it takes to down a boss first. So if they have to re-roll they will.

It is quite common for World First Guilds to expect you to re-roll Race based on their racial ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    And finally, would true minmaxer change faction (from ally to horde) to get racials which we all know allies dont have and horde does.
    Alliance has excellent PvE racials. They're just not all click me for more DPS buttons.

This is such a general question that it's pretty pointless. You're not addressing it to any specific person or type of player really. If you're talking about world first guilds of course they're going to go into an attempt with the most optimal possible set up.

Was always wondering how far would min maxer go to... like would minmaxer change complete gems and reforge if they are at 16.999% hit cap to reach magic 17.0000%?
    A min-maxer would already be using computational tools in the first place to determine reforges, so the scenario where they were currently at 16.999% hit and reforging to 17.0000% flat is a dps increase would never actually happen.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What about...

Was always wondering how far would min maxer go to... like would minmaxer change complete gems and reforge if they are at 16.999% hit cap to reach magic 17.0000%? Prepotting is kinda normal these days, i dont know for using saronite bombs these days...And finally, would true minmaxer change faction (from ally to horde) to get racials which we all know allies dont have and horde does. Meaning Method players cant be true minmaxers...
    How about min-maxing things that have almost no real link to whether they affect your play or not. I.E. energy drinks (Monster, Rockstar, Bawls, Retbull ), gaming peripherals like the Steelseries Shift Cataclysm edition keyboard, Steelseries World of Warcraft Cataclysm Mouse with bindable buttons, Logitech G13 pad, premium gaming headsets, Killer N1 network cards to reduce latency, 1-3ms or 120hz monitors, and the best gaming systems money can buy/upgrades. Although a few of these are essential, maybe not in the price/performance/brand your gettings. You certainly don't need energy drinks, high end peripherals, best network cards and computers/upgrades. But for those min-maxing...this might just something they consider when trying to be the best. This not only goes for WoW, but every online game. I own alot of that stuff because I like it and because I know what happens when you buy the low end of computers, you buy another low end computer in another year or 2 vs. 7 or 8 years. Do I consider myself a min-maxer? No. If I was, I wouldn't be working a full-time job and some OT. I'd find some rich older widow and marry her so I can play videos games at my best everyday. I have a life, WoW is my escape from the knucleheads at my job, and unless I was getting played a professional to play, I don't think min-maxing is necessary. As far as racials, I rather think the Human racial is quite uber and the extra dodge and shadowmeld on the night elf is a great addition. Would I switch to horde for a racial, heck no! If I was min-maxing? No, I consider a handi-cap a challenge if i'm that good. Because a shaman wasn't invited to the Heroic-Rag world's first kills, makes me wanna roll an uber Shaman and prove everyone wrong. Draenei Shaman that is!
    Last edited by Isendar; 2011-08-11 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Forgot keyboard word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    It is quite common for World First Guilds to expect you to re-roll Race based on their racial ability.
    Upon applicating I'm pretty sure you are allready required to be the perfect race of your faction to raid with. These racials don't change every 2months with a new patch so this is a pretty small demand from your raiders. I mentioned a faction change, that requires your entire raid to cough up 25€.

Deleted
    Didn't Paragon's world first Rag 25 hc only have trolls and orcs in it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolera View Post
    if it did then they may have been using potions of illusion

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's because long, long ago, Trolls were feared like the Ogres of old were in Everquest (They were smart, powerful, and their mages devastated everything). Now Trolls have been reduced, their gods of old are being slaughtered (over and over I might add), and they their are issues within their factions (Guess the Humans aren't much different). Orcs drank the blood of Mannoroth. They rampaged around Azeroth nearly destroying the Alliance. So yeah, there are Lore reasons behind it only being Orcs and Trolls. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Deleted
    setja was the only tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    It's pretty common for most hardcore guilds, not just "world first" guilds.

Method also has a high % of worgens as well on certain classes and humans on others due to the racials, but most of these players have thought about this earlier and go for the racial that gives them most benefits.

Deleted
    They had their rogue Rakez go goblin/engineer for the sweeping in last phase. Double rocket boots + rocket jump + rogue sprint.

Deleted
    1 tauren, 2 belfs, 4 goblins, 8 orcs and 10 trolls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    1 tauren, 2 belfs, 4 goblins, 8 orcs and 10 trolls
    Is your name Cheers!/Health in Huingarian?