Thread: Paleo Diet

Paleo Diet

Has anyone tried living a lifestyle based nutritionally on paleo schools of thought.
    If so how well does the lifestyle work with strenuous physical training (4 hours a day/long distance running/strength training revolving around high-intensity cardio).

Deleted
    Tried 3 times so far and I'd quit after a week on my each attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelWhiskyBravo View Post
    Has anyone tried living a lifestyle based nutritionally on paleo schools of thought.
    If so how well does the lifestyle work with strenuous physical training (4 hours a day/long distance running/strength training revolving around high-intensity cardio).
    As far as fat loss?

Deleted
    I have done it for the last 4 months.

the last 3 of them, being strict paleo, the first month i cheated a bit.

I do crossfit 3 times a week, i starter at 113kilos, im not at 99, and well im going down every day.

It works fine, never felt better, combined with the training etc.

Im going down in weight, im feeling like im full of energy, and the most awesome thing, my tinitus disappeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been Primal for the past several months and it has worked wonder for me. There are tons of things you can try that will help you ease into it. For instance, the main difference between Paleo and Primal, is cheese/milk. I try and get as much "grass-fed" or "organic" meats as I can find, but honestly, that stuffs expensive most of the time, so it's all about managing what you can get with what you can find.

For instance, I eat about 2-3 dozen eggs a week mixed with loads of chicken, veggies (mostly greens), fish and steaks. Oh, and bacon. Lots of bacon.

I did Paleo for 4 months and loved it. The weight drop is good, but if you're an athlete you'll notice some changes. I'm a crossfitter and I started to see that there was a dip in my performance level. I am now on Zone, gained some weight back and have been stronger and faster in my workouts. If you're into doing paleo, you can do paleo zone or like ink says go primal (so much better than strict paleo).

Tried it briefly.

It sucked. Unless you have really, really good reasons for doing it, and you can handle giving up your typical new-age lifestyle, go for it. Otherwise, don't bother.

Edit: Also, if you really want to eat real organic crap, enjoy spending a ton of money. Best bet is to try and find local foods and see how they take care of their meat, rather than spend tons of money on ripoff organic labels.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2012-07-30 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing primal now. It's pretty easy and seems to be working. The only downside for me has been going out to eat. I never realized how much grain was in the random crap that I ate. I was at El Pollo Loco yesterday and it was like "no...no...no....noooo...ok just give me a piece of chicken."
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-07-31 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm doing primal now. It's pretty easy and seems to be working. The only downside for me has been going out to eat. I never realized how much grain was in the random crap that I ate. I was at El Pollo Loco yesterday and it was like "no...no...no....noooo...ok just give me a piece of chicken."
    Yeah, it's a little hard when you eat out, but most restaurants now carry something that is very primal. Hell, I have been on it for the past 6 months and I always am able to find something I like.

I read Paleo diet, and thought of Paleontologists, and for some reason imagined people eating dinosaur fossils for a Diet.

Outstanding.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2012-07-31 at 04:55 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!