Poll: What raid size do YOU favor?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Current 10m raider here...

I just think it'd be nice to be able to invite along the extra players we often have online to the raid on a given night. Instead, because we are stuck with either using 10 people or 25 people, that means if we have say, 11-14 people online that are competent raiders, 1-4 are going to have to sit. This is obviously not fun for those people if they are online and wanting to raid.

What I'd really love to see is the fights scaling dynamically in groups of five, so that you can have either a 10, 15, 20, or 25 man raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like 10 and 25 man, esp if they dont share the same lockout.
    I favor 10man.

Personally, I actually think you should be able to do any number from 10-25. Difficulty should scale for the amount of people.

I would love 15 man raids, i am in a 10 man guild and a lot of the times we have a few that have to sit out.
    We don't want to make a 25 man guild because we don't like raiding with that many people.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

In general I preferred the old 40 man raids, but my guild is pretty small so 10 mans work well for us

Deleted
    would love to see world boss's that required 40+ people to actually stand a chance of killing it.
    can never understand that in this mythical land of nasty old dragons, demons, monsters and such that it was only at the opening of AQ that any decided to come visit the capital cities

15 or 40. 15 would be well balanced, and 40 would be nostalgia :-P

40 man raids with one difficulty degree.
    Bringing back the epic feeling of beeing a big army against the evil powers,

and not a little elite task force assault team wiping out the big lore characters (lichking, malygos, old gods killed by a 10 man team doesnt feel right, killing nefarian with 40 people did feel so much bigger),
    class channels in vent (so much fun, we had johnny cash streaming at the hunters channel )

Actually 2 man raids would be really cool. It probably wouldn't be so much of a Raid or even a Dungeon but it would be interesting. DC Universe has something like Duo Raids. Could open the door to alternative interesting content

Deleted
    My vote would go to 15-25...but preferable 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    Current 10m raider here...

I just think it'd be nice to be able to invite along the extra players we often have online to the raid on a given night. Instead, because we are stuck with either using 10 people or 25 people, that means if we have say, 11-14 people online that are competent raiders, 1-4 are going to have to sit. This is obviously not fun for those people if they are online and wanting to raid.

What I'd really love to see is the fights scaling dynamically in groups of five, so that you can have either a 10, 15, 20, or 25 man raid.

But the problem we have is based on the inability (it is not their fault it is just imposible) to balance 2 different sizes.
    If instead we had 4 or 5, it would be a chaos. It could work only on tank and spank boss fights but i havent seen a single one of those in cataclysm.

The reason to apply one size would be to spent time on designing content rather than balancing raids according to their sizes.

It is simply not a direct reduction or increase of boss HP and damage.
    A lot of things are detrimental when balancing a fight. And for many, that want to compete for realm and world firsts on a raid or on a boss, and not only, balance is very important!