1vs1 class restricted "arena"?

Have not really put to much thoughts about it. It should be limited to damaging specc's only. And hybrid classes that can heal should be limited in one or another way, or put in some counter that add damage done vs healing made and the one with highest score win.

Class restricted as in warriors vs. warriors, warlock vs. warlock etc.

To make it diffrent from a normal duel then there would be 3-5 diffrent items you can buy, but only one will be possible to use/fight (stun-flask, fear-flask, jump-back flask etc) that will ofc only work in 1vs1.
    All fights start with you having a 15 second "invisible" and "bubble" mode. Can't take damage, can't be seen or tracked, just so you can run and hide on your spot or whatever.

Rating from it will be stand-alone from the normal arena (but give honor points), and rewards will be worse quality than actual arena-season. But the end reward will be some title like...well, whatever sounds and fit good for your class.
    A system more close to how it was working in vanilla WoW.

Its stupid, wow pvp isnt designed for 1v1 and class restricted? Come on, would be discriminating for other classes.

I would hope that ret pally be excused from this 1v1 mess. We can't 1v1 for the life of us vs most classes.

Deleted
    /duel easy as it is

Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    Have not really put to much thoughts about it.
    Well that's pretty obvious.

Would basically be like dueling but with easier access to the arenas and with rating.
    Mostly pointless but i like the idea of it since you can practice against classes and get to know the enemy better which is what would make me play it if it were in game. Personally enjoy team work aspect of arena 3's and 5's mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Its stupid, wow pvp isnt designed for 1v1 and class restricted?
    That's pretty much the reason....why I post this.

In a world where not even 2v2 is balanced.....
    the people demand 1v1?

Pointless waste of development time.

Damaging specs only ? penalty to hybrid specs that can cast heals ? Trash idea.

Take something that is already poorly balanced and make horrendous modifications that would require even more balance tweaking

Class vs same class only ? all this does is add honour point gain to what you can already accomplish via dueling. which is a bad idea.
    - A Barbarian experiences every emotion with passion, and repays every slight with vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    In a world where not even 2v2 is balanced.....
    the people demand 1v1?
    Correction: the OP demands it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. What's the point if it just rewards honor? Sounds like a rather convoluted enterprise just to have another source of honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just make it a DK and Mage only arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Why don't you just make it a DK and Mage only arena?
    Basically this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Basically this.
    Where did warriors go? =(