Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm loving it, incredibly easy and risk free to buy up cheap blues, disenchant and profit!!

This is the case on US-illidan too. Like many have said before me, it is due to people mainly running dungeons that only drop epic loot therefor there is a shortage of heavenly shards. Supply and demand my good people.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my server Maelstroms are worth 70g and the price barely varies, Heavenly Shards are worth 90-140g and the price and amount on market greatly fluctuates.

Personally I make obscene amounts of money by buying the shards cheap and reselling when the AH is bare, and also buying blues off the AH that go for cheaper than the disenchant value. I have tried running old heroics for shards but it's not efficient compared to playing the AH.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Deleted
    On my server (hakkar EU H) maelstrom are about 50-60g, Heavenly shards 100-130g pretty insane diff in prices. Big need for a maelstrom shatter Greater celestial essences also keep their price pretty good, easily in the 60g branch.

I'm making some good money off these mats... all the trash my jewelcrafter produces gets disenchanted, apart from an insane stack of dusts laying in my bank unsold, other things go through the AH pretty easy

Shards are alot more spendy than crystals. Yet another reason to run the 70vp heroics instead of Zul'Again.

Heavenly Shards go for about double the price of Maelstroms on my server.

Deleted
    Yup:
    75-125g for a Shard
    60-80g for a Maelstrom

price went up because the price of elementium ore went up. this single ore alone controls the gem market, enchanting market, bs market, and even herb market.

make epics drop from raids
    make blues drop from dungeons

simple. they don't even have to change the item level or how powerful the items are...

epic -> raid + high end pvp
    blue -> dungeon + low end pvp

I am suggesting a dynamic setting for years, though it's never been taken seriously...

When an item drops for the first time in the server -> item is legendary
    after 10 drops -> epic
    after 5000-10000 drops -> rare
    doesn't go below rare

the numbers can be adjusted, however the idea is

Rare should be rare
    uncommon should be uncommon
    epic should be epic
    and legendary should be legendary

atm, the color of items are just there to mess up with in game economy it seems...

my personal opinions,

EDIT: Please don't take this comment in "don't give scrubs epox" attitude. I'm not implying anything about the item level, or the item power or stats or anything. Give the community something to aim for, of course. Give them better gear to decrease the difficulty gradually in time of overall content by all means. I really think everyone should experience what little content we have atm. I am just considering all this in the dynamic item rarity concept I explained above. Afterall, the raiders' epoxxxxx will be blue as well when the fight itself is beaten numerous times.
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2011-08-16 at 04:01 AM.

on a quick sidenote... ive been workin on keeping the cost of the Small H. Shards up around 100g each...