Deleted

Holy Priest Cooldown Addon

Hey there,

I switched to Holy a couple of weeks ago, and I really like it. I have done a couple of raids, healed every boss my raid group has downed so far, I'm fairing pretty well. There is however one spell I really, really don't get: Prayer of Mending.

I ALWAYS forget PoM. I know that it's a terrific spell and that I should cast it on CD when there is heavy raid damage, however most of the times I'm so focussed on PoH or other things that I just plain forget that I even have the spell, and it really hurts my efficiency. So I thought I'd look around for some addon goodness.

However, there seems to be nothing the way I'd like it. What I'm looking for is an addon that pops an icon (preferrably the spell icon itself) in my face when PoM is ready and removes the icon when it's on CD. I'd also like the icon to only show whenever I'm in a Chakra state, so that I don't have it in my way when I'm playing shadow. It would also be nice if this addon could track a couple of other spells, like CoH, Guardian Spirit or Holy Word, but that's not really necessary. I don't need something that tracks the remaining time on PoM, the remaining charges or the remaining cooldown, I just want to be alerted by an icon if it's ready.

I know that Power Auras is pretty powerful, and should at least in theory be able to do it, but I seem to be too stupid to configure it properly. Do you know if there is maybe a complete setup, at least for PoM?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors, as english is not my native language.

From my Holy Priest Raiding Guide:

Power Auras Classic - Easily one of the most powerful raiding addons out there next to boss mods. You can use PA to track your spell cooldowns, buffs, buff timers, debuffs, debuff timers, etc. Below are some import code samples that you can use to start up your collection of Power Auras.
    • Track Spell Cooldown:
      • Code:
        Version:4.21; b:0.8824; anim1:6; g:0.9373; icon:Spell_Holy_CircleOfRenewal; buffname:Circle of Healing; begin:3; x:186; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; texture:28; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; speed:1.4; sound:18; stacksOperator:=; combat:true; size:0.34; y:-200; texmode:2; ismounted:0
    • Track Buff:
      • Code:
        Version:4.21; b:0.1333; g:0.5373; icon:Spell_Holy_BlessedResillience; buffname:Blessed Resilience; x:876; texture:73; alpha:0.8; size:0.15; y:50
    • Track Debuff:
      • Code:
        Version:4.21; anim1:2; g:0.4392; icon:Spell_Shaman_StaticShock; buffname:Lightning Conductor; r:0.3922; x:1; bufftype:2; texture:15; alpha:1; speed:2; size:1.88; y:401; anim2:3
    You can duplicate the spell cooldown as many times as you want - just rename the "Buff Name" to whatever spell you're tracking, such as "Circle of Healing" and move the positioning. Just check "Spec 1" or "Spec 2" to only show while you're in your Holy spec.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although it's outdated, I still use PoM_Tracker. I love that addon and refuse to delete it until it stops functioning.
    However, it appears the addon no longer appears on Curse, though, so I would recommend POM Assist.
    good luck mate
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...om-assist.aspx

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, all of you, that will be a tremendous help.
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2011-08-11 at 06:57 PM.

Another alternative, if you would like something a bit less intrusive is Forte cooldown bar.
    I keep mine right under my cast bar and next to my raid frames. Great for tracking PoM, CoH, and Holy Word as well as your longer cooldowns (hymns, fiend, and GS).

I actually like CoolLine if you haven't checked it out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    I actually like CoolLine if you haven't checked it out
    I used to use coolline, but now I use: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...texorcist.aspx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I used to use coolline, but now I use: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...texorcist.aspx
    I switched to fortexorcist after watching Cephius's vids. I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    I copied my first set of power auras from this website. They are perfect, and easy to modify.

I'm always a big proponent of mental acclimation over mods (that do the work for you). I've trained myself to associate PoM with the cooldown of my Holy Word: Serenity. I almost always use the two concurrently, as that extra crit buff that HW:S puts on the tank makes the first PoM heal nice and fat. All the extra bouncing around it does after that is just gravy as far as I'm concerned.

I prefer TellMeWhen. I think it is an easier-to-configure form of powerauras.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ellmewhen.aspx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    I switched to fortexorcist after watching Cephius's vids. I absolutely love it.

I have my bar pretty small though. Sometimes it can be hard to see all the CDs when they are all bunch up. But aesthetics and all...ya know.
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2011-08-11 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    and that I should cast it on CD when there is heavy raid damage
    No. You should cast it BEFORE there is heavy raiddamage. If there is HEAVY raiddamage it lacks throughput. But it is a decent tool for medium, consistent damage, like pulsing auras. If PoM is efficient and your raid won't die, use it. But if you feel you need more HPS on your group, skip it and use PoH/CoH.

Otherwise, the glyphed version is your "on-the-run"-heal.

Deleted
    I suggest you to test TellMeWhen. It's true that it's not as powerful as power auras, but at the same time it's much easier to configure and, imho, it looks quite cleaner than PA. With TMW you can also track CDs, Internal CDs (like disc Rapture), procs, buffs, debuffs, on you, on target, focus, pet, whatever... Give it a try

Yea I tried that and I didn't really care for it that much... that was actually the first CD addon I tried :P

10+ Year Old Account

I have my bar pretty small though. Sometimes it can be hard to see all the CDs when they are all bunch up. But aesthetics and all...ya know.
    It does exactly what I want it to do. Perhaps it's an acquired taste =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    It does exactly what I want it to do. Perhaps it's an acquired taste =P
    Ye, I think my whole UI is pretty much an acquired taste. xD

Deleted