Deleted

Elementium prospecting nerfed?

Am I paranoid or unlucky?
    After latest patch it takes average 5-6 prospects to get any rare quality gem, before it was average 4 prospects to receive rare quality gem.
    And im not talking about prospecting 10 stacks, my estimations are based on 2x50 stack prospecting.
    Has anyone else noticed it as well? Some feedback from other fellow jewel crafters would be nice.

I just prospected 151 stacks this morning. Not a large sample but got a little over 200 blue grade gems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I just prospected 151 stacks this morning. Not a large sample but got a little over 200 blue grade gems
    151 stacks??? Jeez

Deleted
    You say Jeez to that.. i prospect around 1k stacks each time i do

1k stacks at a time ? so 4k single prospecting ? no less than 2 hours of borring click every 2 sec ? (not including the walk between bank, mailbox, and AH).. you're motivated !

About a nerf, hmm, i haven't noticed that. But if it's the case, i wouldn't call it a nerf at all. Beside inferno rubies, all other rare gems are a real pain to sell.. while with uncommon gems, you can craft neck/ring ready to be disenchanted.

1k stacks really isnt that unbelievable, i made a macro and do anywhere from 500-2500, depending on prices, sure a macro doesnt do much other than make it 1 click from 2, but still! getting a gamepad set up to spam a button, which against tos, makes it a bit less of a pain, and allows you to clean or something!

that said, ive prospected about 6k stacks in the last few days and i havnt really noticed a difference

Even when buying an insanely large amount of ore, my cutoff is around 80 stack. It doesn't happen often that my mailbox is cleared before buying another big ammount.. And of course, i also made me a 1-click macro.. without it, my cutoff would be at 40 stack

Maybe i should train my cat into dooing it..

Deleted
    Did 100 stacks yesterday,

Stack of every gem cept only 15 Ocean Saph's, but 45 demonseye

Edit: i use enchantrix for prospect lining up (also does DE/Milling)

What's the macro?

/cast Prospecting
    /use elementium ore
    /use obsidium ore

Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity View Post
    /cast Prospecting
    /use elementium ore
    /use obsidium ore
    Does it mean it will try to prospect elementium, but will prospect obsidium if there's no elementium in bags ? That would free 2 keybind, awesome !!

as from my experience after 4.2 or hotfix prospecting drop rates are pretty much same (got prospecting statistic addon), its based on 5-6k prospects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalGoblin View Post
    Does it mean it will try to prospect elementium, but will prospect obsidium if there's no elementium in bags ? That would free 2 keybind, awesome !!
    That's exactly what this macro does.

It's so convenient to brainlessly smash one keybind instead of all the usual hassle (can't believe that I only made myself that macro in Cata. During WotLK, I prospected everything the old-fashioned way O_o)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    That's exactly what this macro does.

It's so convenient to brainlessly smash one keybind instead of all the usual hassle (can't believe that I only made myself that macro in Cata. During WotLK, I prospected everything the old-fashioned way O_o)
    The only issue with that macro would be if you have less than 5 elementium ore in your bags, it won't prospect them and won't jump to the obsidium