Computer Problems

Hi guys, i'm really having an issue i cant solve and i need some help,

I am getting a 'no signal to moniter' after trying to install my new video card, here are some steps i took, and some specs

4-gig ram

975x chipset viiv (big arm) motherboard

old videocard e-9600 gt nvidia

new video card - geforce gt 545 1536mb ddr3

When i start it up, it goes on full blast, all fans and HD working.

What i tried to do is the following

reseat ram/video cards/tried old video card again

take out all ram but 1gb stick

Take out all sticks of ram, no mb beep at all

I'm starting to think somehow i fried my motherboard. Since it wont beep with no ram at all in it.
    any input you could deliver would be great. Thank you..

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Motherboards and the BIOS won't post without memory in the board. Did you plug the power cord into the gpu? What kind of power supply do you have?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Need to know your PSU and motherboard model. Could easily be you can't power on this card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Motherboards and the BIOS won't post without memory in the board. Did you plug the power cord into the gpu? What kind of power supply do you have?
    my PSU is 700 watts, And the card just plugs stright into the pci-e slot, no 6 pin plug required from the PSU. It's a dps-700fb-1a delta model I should also mention that this computer is a gateway computer that i've made alot of modifications to. I should note that i noticed that a Green colored LED is lit up by the pci-e slot. I've not noticed it before, but it might have easily slipped my notice. The small writing next to it says 'pwr led' ---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 05:25 PM ---------- Here's a link to my computer from the gateway site, the processor is the 2.9ghz x6800 extreme and the videocard is geforce gt 545 http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs...r3/description http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/FX53...4385Rsp3.shtml
    Last edited by Xeikai; 2011-08-11 at 09:26 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You mention you put your old 9600gt into the computer again after the GT545. What happened when you plugged the old card back in?

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    You mention you put your old 9600gt into the computer again after the GT545. What happened when you plugged the old card back in?
    Nothing, i got a 'no signal' from the moniter.

There is a BIOS setting called PnP. It stands for Plug and Play, it basically allows windows to handle your graphics card versus your mobo. It will more than likely fix your problem.
    Master of Things to DO

Quote Originally Posted by elimin View Post
    There is a BIOS setting called PnP. It stands for Plug and Play, it basically allows windows to handle your graphics card versus your mobo. It will more than likely fix your problem.
    I would try that, but i cannot even get a bios screen, The does work, i tested it on another pc in the house. But when i boot up, i get complete blackness, moniter in sleep mode. I have even tried different ram, the computer is running full blast with all fans spinning, and the ethernet light in the back is solid green. I leave the computer on but my mouse and keyboard do not light up and i cannot hit keys on my keyboard, like the caps lock and see the lights on the keyboard light up. So i do not think it's booting up normally. It also gives out no beep codes at all.