is rift worth giving another try

hey there guys is rift planes of telara worth trying again? the game was fun but i just got bored of it because it was to much like wow. I had a level 50 and was wondering if the new raid content was fun

It's still like WoW. I have heard good things about the raid content if you were a fan of BC era raids.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big raider anymore, it was sucking up too much of my life, but I've heard good things about the new raids. Lots of good brain checks without being too punishing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Raiding is ok and content is being released at a steady rate. But nothing really has changed.

I got bored of it for the same reasons I got bored of WoW.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    <-- cancelled her Rift sub, still plays WoW. Whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Try Rift when 1.5 comes, they are adding a lot of solo content at level cap.
    +1.

I'm actively playing rift. The end game and content is very similar to WoW, but at least its less repetitive and there's more things to do @ 50. The rift invasions, world events, pvp rifts, expert rifts, crafting progression... all give you more to do at the cap.

There's also more raid content, and as people have said its relatively hard.

If you're bored now, resub and check it out. But i suspect 1.5 will be even better for the solo non-raiding player, and there will be the inevitable population return come september. There's no dropoff like there was with other mmos though...things are looking very stable at the 7 mo mark.

idk, i tried it out for a while and recently cancelled my sub because the pvp is awful
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    hey there guys is rift planes of telara worth trying again? the game was fun but i just got bored of it because it was to much like wow. I had a level 50 and was wondering if the new raid content was fun
    Drowned Halls is pretty fun, and accessible. It was just released with 1.4, and while it's a 10m sliver and the 'easiest' of the raiding experiences, the last 3 bosses are a blast. Especially Isskal (third boss).

Like others have mentioned 1.5 is bringing a new battleground (Library of the Runemasters, which is like Black Garden, but with multiple fangs), another Sliver (Rise of the Phoenix), the first of the Chronicles of Telara (those are the solo/duo instances, and possibly Ember Island or Planetouched Wilds (new endgame zones.)

They're (Trion) is getting Rift further and further away from the 'WoW clone' stigma every patch, soon we'll also have AA (EQ-like endgame player advancement), and something called 'Instant Adventures,' which is supposedly being able to, on-demand, summon your own invasion for you and your friends, but they haven't said much about IA, so I'd just be guessing on how it'd work.

The best thing about Rift is it's evolving so rapidly into it's own game. Yes it DID start with a lot of WoWlike features, but it's either built onto them or added different things and is quickly gaining it's own voice.

Weather that is or isn't for you is your own choice.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

i myself found the pvp to be engrossing, kind of like the old honor system in vanilla remodelled. from what i remember from the beta it was a small grind in some spots but i enjoyed it thoroughly. if your looking for solo content this will tide you over for a bit, but alas i have raiding and arena commitments so i never got a sub to rift and can't comment on if it is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I got bored of it for the same reasons I got bored of WoW.
    This is the same thing I wanted to say.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rift had a lot of good stuff going for it, but the questing is just way too linear and making alts is out of the question, because you just do the same thing all over again. If you are really bored and want to play it for a month I would suggest getting it on sale, but I just don't see playing it much after the free month.

I loved the style of the game, I just hated the grind to 50 so much I burnt out before I even started end game.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to point to the main Rift thread, where there's discussion of both end-game raiding and PVP recently. Some people enjoy it quite a lot still, I know.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Discussions