Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Transmogrifier: Something to do with character customization. If I didn't know better, I would say that it changes the look of the armor. However, Blizzard expressed concerns about changing or hiding the models of our gear. I really don't have any further ideas about this new NPC.

Void Storage: the first thought that came to mind was some kind account wide bank (meaning all your characters on the same realm and faction have access to it). However, such a system will make the bank useless, since everyone will be using VS other the bank because of the convenience. Also, wouldn't an NPC that has that function be for suited to the bank, and why not just add the function to the existing bank system?

Overall. I have no flipping idea. I can only guess but I'm really excited to see what Blizzard has for us.
    oh i can see the void storage if account wide bank only holding something like 15 items only. so you still need your main bank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    If they make us pay for this stuff, which I doubt but you never know...
    If they do they can count on an extra cancelled subscribtion. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    They did say they were coming up with more storage solutions without giving us larger bags so I believe this is it, personally I liked the ideas we discussed back then of paid for storage, you simply purchse storage space for a week or a month with in game gold, I like the idea that it could be a shared bank too that is accessed by all chars on your account.
    alot of storage problems would be solved by letting us reskin our current gear with older gear sets (weapons too) as alot of that storage on other players accounts are older weapons (how many old useless legendaires sit in banks eating database space because they can't be used anymore in endgame raiding?) and it's a way of trimming down how many items are stored in player tables. same goes for armor.

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by donPilgaard View Post
    eh could be a moot point .. swtor opens PROBABLY in 2-3 months. by time patch comes out. so i'm not worried about canceling an account and not having anything to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just very happy that he "wow is dying/im leaving wow" threads have stopped for a while because of this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    oh i can see the void storage if account wide bank only holding something like 15 items only. so you still need your main bank.
    If that's the case, what makes it better than the mail system?
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Whatever it is, Blizzard will promise us it, get everyone excited, then take it away.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    Whatever it is, Blizzard will promise us it, get everyone excited, then take it away.
    Path of the Titans
    Dance Studio
    ????

What else did they 'promise' then take away?

Quote Originally Posted by donPilgaard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    If they make us pay for this stuff, which I doubt but you never know... then they are even more retarded than I think now...
    You know, what's funny is I would gladly pay extra for an appearance tab or to have the ability to change ones items looks to that of another, as well as a true B.net account wide bank.

Edit: Those two little things would actually cause me to resubscribe. Haven't played in ~3 months.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Transmogrifier is going to be for Warlock pets. Blizzard did mention a long time ago (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-terrible-band) that they were working on it. Perhaps it is this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Void Storage: the first thought that came to mind was some kind account wide bank (meaning all your characters on the same realm and faction have access to it). However, such a system will make the bank useless, since everyone will be using VS other the bank because of the convenience. Also, wouldn't an NPC that has that function be a better fit in the bank rather than standing by the reforging NPCs? In addition, why not just add the function to the existing bank system?
    Your thought about Void Storage doesn't make sense, are you saying that you will store Soulbound items in it? Since that isn't possible in my opinion assuming the storage actually is accountwide. For me it would mean that everything I keep sending to my alt will just be put in the Void Storage while everything soulbound would still go in my bank if I got room.

You know what would be good? A reroll NPC! Bored playing Pally, try a shaman now for only 19,99 you can get him to 85 right now ! Further restrictions apply etc. etc. etc. :P (I kid ofc)

Tbh I think it's probably either appearance tab/recoloring of armor or weapons and additional bank space for your char (my bank is full with old tier sets and holiday items so it'd be good to be able to expand).

Quote Originally Posted by Iseewhatyoudidthar View Post
    ^ Me too. Fan club time?[/COLOR]
    Buffalo wings are delicious. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Path of the Titans
    Dance Studio
    ????

What else did they 'promise' then take away?
    They never "promised" either of those two. People just don't understand that when Blizzard announce expansions at BlizzCon they give the players an exclusive insight into a very early pre-alpha state of affairs. Basically, we get to look over their shoulder while the expansion is still on the drawing board stage. Any and all features might be altered or outright removed before launch, that's what pre-alpha means. The alternative? We go back to the good old dark days where you'd hear SQUAT about a game/expansion until the release date. But people would whine if that happened too.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only like this idea, if it requires you to have obtained the item before you can transform your item to be a look alike.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If that's the case, what makes it better than the mail system?
    because you can send it cross server where you can't mail something cross server

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    I will only like this idea, if it requires you to have obtained the item before you can transform your item to be a look alike.
    This obviously and that you don't use up the item in question, since I would like to have it back when I change item later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Transmogrifier is going to be for Warlock pets. Blizzard did mention a long time ago (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-terrible-band) that they were working on it. Perhaps it is this?
    Sounds like a possibility, but wouldn't that service be provided by warlock class trainers or by a NPC close to the class trainer?
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    I always thought they said that would be a minor glyph. And why tease us about something for a single class?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalowings View Post
    who cares just wait for the patch and we all know great idea isnt it ?
    I have a great idea, how about you just click out of this thread since you obviously don't care. People are aloud to discuss what these new NPCs might be, that's one of the reasons people come to a forum is to DISCUSS things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    because you can send it cross server where you can't mail something cross server
    I don't think it wouldn't be cross server for the same reason why you can't trade items in randoms. If you were able send yourself cheap elementium from an other server to sell it on another server where elementium usually pretty expensive you can make a lot. If every player had the ability to do that it would crash the game economy.

Blizzard did express a desire to allow us to send heirloom items to characters on other servers though, that could be an explanation.