Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    IMO, the transmogrifer is going to be a way to stop all the Morphing hacks going on.

The NPC allows you to select a monster you would like to be turned into.

But thats just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess, based purely on the name Transmogrifier: a new 'vendor' ...sort of. I think they're going to make a vendor that can disenchant items for a fee. The location makes sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark343 View Post
    No way. They've already stated this in the past, they won't do this. But it's not the first time they've changed there mind I suppose.
    You see, this is exactly what is so boring about this game right now. They could make it way better than it is currently but because of their state of mind against things as original and, in my opinion, well needed as this, wow has gone to shit lately.

The amount of things that model changing would make fun is quite numerous: most people won't look like clowns, classes will actually look like their respective classes: there will actually be a difference in apparence other than their tier set between warriors, paladins and DKs... mage and warlocks (priests seems pretty distinguishable). Also, this game is a mmoRPG, it would make quite a bit of sense if our clothing matched the mind of the character we are in the game. Right now everyone pretty much look like another soldier in the adventurer squad.

I heard in that news thread that Rift aleadry has that kind of feature. I don't know if this is true, but that idea got into my mind before I've learned of that fact: when I first saw that screenshot with all those ethereals and void storage/transmogryingetcetc and how everyone was wishing it was model changing, or at least some way to change how our clothing looks, so no I didn't took that idea from there.

Here's wishing...
    Last edited by Khalkaroth; 2011-08-16 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    My guess, based purely on the name Transmogrifier: a new 'vendor' ...sort of. I think they're going to make a vendor that can disenchant items for a fee. The location makes sense too.
    This is actually a really solid idea.

Considering they are Ethereals, and they are profit-turning-hawks, I think it would make sense for them to offer dusting for a 'nominal fee'.

I recall blizzard mentioning they want to add more "shapeshifting" / "model changing" in patch 4.1 (or 4.2).
    Since they did not add anything - perhaps this is it?
    You talk to the NPC, pay something, and get transformed into a different race or non-playable creature for a certain amount of time?

It also may be some form of gear customization, recoloring or who knows what.
    Perhaps it's to be used also with your mounts?

We will know soon tho