Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Actually, I think Arcane is pretty interesting and fun to play as it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Actually, I think Arcane is pretty interesting and fun to play as it is currently.
    Yeah seriously, playing fire is more frustrating than fun, especially on AOE fights. I find maximizing arcane's dps a lot more fun than fire. I am actually interested in trying frost on one of these days though.

arcane has always been boring, and this isnt the official forums

---------- Post added 2011-08-12 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Yeah seriously, playing fire is more frustrating than fun, especially on AOE fights. I find maximizing arcane's dps a lot more fun than fire. I am actually interested in trying frost on one of these days though.
    frost is quite fun, it is up there near fire atm i think but isnt as good as arcane

At least you have to do heavy mana management while you're pounding one butting, I think blizz wants a few classes that are a very low skill level to make the game more accessible. I've seen frost mages do really well, especially on heavy aoe fights...

Infracted.
    Last edited by nemex; 2011-08-12 at 04:37 AM.

TBH pyro, you are probably right It's really hard to "gimp myself" lol just <3 that fire spec

Frost single target is really fun. Its a bit of a shame, because everyones playing Arcane (which I enjoy too - others here clearly dont) - and Frost kindof gets forgotten.

But Frost has a very fun, interactive twitchy rotation. Its great.

I find it hilarious that so many ppl say Arcane is 'soooo easy and faceroll' yet , from worldoflogs, you can clearly see big differences between people with comparable gear. Whether people think arcane is easy or not doesnt matter, there is clearly a difference between being a skilled arcane mage doing world class dps, and simply being an arcane mage doing decent DPS. Even if you have the same gear, same buffs, doing the same fight. Lots of people love to imply that Arcane is so easy everyone can push 1111111112 and be the doing world class DPS. It's so inaccurate it's laughable.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-08-12 at 03:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    arcane has always been boring, and this isnt the official forums

frost is quite fun, it is up there near fire atm i think but isnt as good as arcane
    Someone clearly never played Arcane in T5...

In any case, Fire is nowhere near Frost in terms of pure DPS throughput. Simply put: Fire blows at anything that isn't massive AoE.

Simply put: Fire blows at anything that isn't massive AoE.
    And even then, as has been pointed out sporadically on these forums, Fire requires a specific type of AOE to max it's full potential. Almost a niche within a niche.

The easiest thing(and best thing imo) Blizz could do to fix arcane, is make it like it was in Wrath, where missile dmg scaled off of your AB stacks.
    Wait, you're wanting this as a solution to make arcane interesting to you? Just Conserve phase through every fight, there's your entertainment achieved. You know, since ABx4 AM is sooo fun.

fire is really rNG. u could do shit terrible cause of a bad combustion proc u could pull like 200,000 dps on alysrazor..

arcane is steady and predictible.. also AM isnt worthless its just not used in the burn phase, only the conserve phase.

I find fire alot easier than arcane. I do like fire better, but arcane makes me constantly think and adjust, and even plan the fight out perfectly. It's a spec that is very easy to play mediocre, but hard to play exceptionally.
    Even small movement have to be planned with your arcane blasts, when to burn, adjusting rotation to procs, etc etc. With fire, I just stick to the priority system and hit procs/refresh whenever. Arcane gets easier if you're just standing still though, but as soon as there's movement, you seperate the good from the best.

edit: also, the 4 set bonus is great for fire, and it makes the spec even more fun! Pyros everywhere!
    Last edited by Swindley; 2011-08-12 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolor View Post
    Blizzard, Arcane PVE is the most boring spec in the game with the worst proc of all. Using a proc should be an exciting thing, not a dps lose. I dont know any other class with as worthless a proc as arcane missles. It needs a boost badly. I have been a raiding mage since I started playing this game 2 years ago and i just cant handle it anymore. T11 was fun with fire being a great spec to play but it has dropped so drastically with gear scaling its not worth playing. Fire is a thing of beauty imo. I feel like a true magician playing it yet i cannot accept being so low on the meters. I am a competitor and always will be. It's why i first got into raiding. So i beg you blizzard, nerf arcane blast and buff missle damage. Buff fireball damage and maybe even ignite.....DO SOMETHING....i have retired from full time raiding because of the state of mages which is not what i really want to do.....PLZ
    The real fun in arcane is mana control. Maybe give it a try?

. I am a competitor and always will be. It's why i first got into raiding.
    Get into PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Get into PvP?
    Being competitive and doing well are two different things.
    Last edited by Minky; 2011-08-12 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard,
    Arcane PVE is the most boring spec in the game with the worst proc of all. Using a proc should be an exciting thing, not a dps lose. I dont know any other class with as worthless a proc as arcane missles. It needs a boost badly.

I have been a raiding mage since I started playing this game 2 years ago and i just cant handle it anymore. T11 was fun with fire being a great spec to play but it has dropped so drastically with gear scaling its not worth playing. Fire is a thing of beauty imo. I feel like a true magician playing it yet i cannot accept being so low on the meters. I am a competitor and always will be. It's why i first got into raiding.

So i beg you blizzard, nerf arcane blast and buff missle damage. Buff fireball damage and maybe even ignite.....DO SOMETHING....i have retired from full time raiding because of the state of mages which is not what i really want to do.....PLZ
    How does buffing AM damage make Arcane any more interesting to you? You'll still be casting AB and AM just like you do now. If you were really a competitor then you'd keep raiding.

All specs get boring when you play them for a while. That's just human nature - then when a new spec passes the old spec in dps we all switch and say hurrah and then 3 months later everyone is on the forums asking to buff the old spec again. Its often said but still very true - you didn't roll a fire mage, you rolled a mage. If you only like one spec or can't stand playing other specs then you are never going to be happy for long in this game as they will ebb and flow based on each patch and balancing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Arcane (BiS) > Frost (4T12) > Arcane (No DTR or SoW) > Frost > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fire
    According to SimC, yes. But I've never seen any Frost numbers in practice with 4T12 that can do outdo Arcane without DTR/SoW, including my own experience.

Prime example of someone uninformed taking raidbots as the bible. This is why I hate that website sometimes.
    You do realize that Fire sims bottom of all DPS specs, and in practice, is in the bottom 2 or 3 specs on every fight but 2 this tier, right? And that it's 3K DPS under arcane at a minimum and that the average gap gets up to 6-7K DPS?

AKA Fire is NOT competitive this tier except on Alys where it humbles all other specs.

One fight out of 7.

It's honestly shite on the other 6, and no matter how much I personally want Fire to be competitive, it doesn't make it so.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Arcane has two procs, one being Clearcasting. I'm pretty sure taking advantage of Clearcasting is a DPS increase. I don't know, I get pretty excited when that happens at least.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~