Deleted

Thermaltake Level 10 GT vs Xigmatek Elysium?

So, I've been looking at new cases lately, and decided which case I wanted to buy - the Level 10 GT.
    HOWEVER, since my money hasn't arrived yet, I've had the time to look at other cases, and unfortunately I found the Xigmatek Elysium. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but it got to me, and I checked some reviews. It seemed like an awesome case, so now I'm wondering:
    Have any of you champions ever had the pleasure of trying one of these cases, and if so, could you help me decided which one to get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but it got to me, and I checked some reviews.
    Heh, same thing happened to me. Here I am a proud Elysium owner. I haven't fully moved everything over yet, because I'm putting in a water cooling loop which will put my pc out of commission for about 24 hours, so I'm waiting for the weekend.

For me, the difference between the two cases is form vs. functionality. I absolutely love the original Level 10, and I think the GT has some serious style.

The thing I love about the Elysium, is that it seems like I can do absolutely anything with it. The thing is huge, and can accommodate just about anything you throw at it.

Every other case comes with "It can only fit X". You can only fit so many PCI slots, or you can only fit a radiator this big, or you can only have this many hard drives.. The Elysium? 10 PCI slots, 8 hard drive slots, 6 5.25" bays, two PSU mounts and enough room for fans to cause a little hurricane in your room.

The only problem with the Elysium that I've really come across is that the hard drive bays are a bit of a pain. I wish it had something like the Cooler Master cases or the Level 10 GT. On that thought.. Let me see if I can take the HDD bays out of my CM Storm Sniper..
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    8 hard drive slots, 6 5.25" bays
    Sigh. Such a waste. Should be twelve-thirteen 3.5" and one-two 5.25". Possibly three if you really need to stuff pumps or whatnot there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Sigh. Such a waste. Should be twelve-thirteen 3.5" and one-two 5.25". Possibly three if you really need to stuff pumps or whatnot there.
    Would it be worth it to buy a hotswap bay and put it in to replace a couple of the 5.25" slots? I have no real experience of hotswaps, other than testing my friends every now and then.

As a proud owner of the level 10 GT I'm going to go right ahead and say that it's extremely comfortable to work with, and if you need something vaguely portable then I recommend it as well. That fucking handle is priceless.

Haven't had any use of the 5 hot swap bays really, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Considering 3 new hard drives and run raid10.