javascript:history.go(0)

When you click on a the link in the breadcrumbs to the forum you're currently viewing, it uses a javascript:history.go(0) function... can you just replace that with a link to the appropriate forum/page? Because it doesn't seem to work... and it's very annoying when I click on the name of the forum I'm in to refresh the page and... oops, nothing happened. I thought it was because I had my browser history disabled but it doesn't work even if I enable the history =\
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    What OS, browser+version, and browser plugins/extensions are you using?

windows 7, firefox 3.6.8
    too many plugins to list lol
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just for the record, the same happens in FF 5 on Win 7 x64. Only FireFTP, NoScript(MMOC is permitted) and FlashGet.

Deleted
    Working fine on FF 3.6.18, Win7 x64. NoScript.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-08-12 at 08:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you try disabling your plugins, or at least disabling noscript totally?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Just for the record, the same happens in FF 5 on Win 7 x64. Only FireFTP, NoScript(MMOC is permitted) and FlashGet.
    Just tested with Win 7x64 using FF 5.0.1 and NoScript and no issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Working fine for me too. FF 5.0, W7 Ultimate 6.1. No addons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... since it seems to be working in many cases (including my vanilla firefox 5 install), would someone with an issue install Firebug, open the javascript console tab, then try clicking on the link? I'm curious to see if are errors, or if it really just does nothing.

I tested it on my main computer just now and it does the same thing... this one is firefox 5.0, fewer addons.. just ABP, autopager, download statusbar, skipscreen, speed dial, and tab mix plus.
    Tried using firebug as sunshine suggested.. I enabled "show javascript warnings" on the console (javascript errors is enabled by default) and when I click it it doesn't give any errors or warnings.

One thing.. when I click the link firefox looks like it's loading a new page.. the status at the bottom and the tab at the top both say "connecting.." or w/e, the several things of text that flash by... but the page doesn't actually get refreshed.

15+ Year Old Account
    If everything flashes by, how do you know it didn't refresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Because none of the topics change, when new topics have definitely been posted or replied too... i can click it over and over (even waited 5 minutes before) and no new posts/threads... but i hit refresh and I get a bunch of new ones.

Deleted
    Hm, can't say I know the internal workings of the browser that well, but hitting the "back" button in FF doesn't actually load the page in question, but uses a cached version of it (from when it was last visited). Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if javascript:history.go(0) would also use the "cached" (e.g. current) version, but would still re-load it from cache (the "flashes by" described).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I left the general discussion open for >1h, clicked the link(multiple times, even) and still had the exact same page, including last posts. F5 revealed that there had been lots of posts in the meantime.

Deleted
    no problem with opera 11.5 ...

Perhaps changing it with this would be better? (If not a direct link.)

javascript:window.location.reload(1);

Anyway yes it does not work for me too and I use NoScript, but thing is I never use that to refresh a page, I just F5! ;P
    Last edited by Vladinator; 2011-08-14 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work for me.
    The link is http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-history.go(0)

Using FF5.0 and NoScript 2.1.2.5 (which is allowed on MMOC) + AdBlock stuff.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.