Ok my main problem is i don't remeber the name of the game.

It came out early/mid 90's.

World War II pacific naval battles.

you managed your fleets (carriers you could actually choose what each plane carried. you launched and set destination for patrols) When planes found other planes it would show kind of a side vs side view with animations for the planes burning and being shot down.

you even chose to have wich planes on your deck and in storage. and if you flubbed and needed fighters up and had bombers you needed to clear the deck and swap em (or launch and hurry launch the rest.

When planes found fleets if they could attack them with bombs/torpedoes it would show an overhead looking down view and the planes would divebomb on the targets. (showing explosions on the ships) bombers din't dive bomb. you could even equip zeros with extra fuel or ki's and use them as patrol (annoyed a friend of mine who i played against hotseat as i did this and was shooting down his patrol craft all over the place so he coudn't find my 2 fleets.)

it gave ghost contacts to enemy fleets (as radar wasn't perfect .. flyovers was best way to find targets)

it was not a tile set game. it was turn based and to play multiplayer we used to hotseat. (other person waited outside room to avoid cheating.)

anyone remeber this game?

edit: it was a pc game.