So currently I'm Engineering/JC, and using Serpent/ DMC:V. I use my serpent with AP/mana gem, and try to line it up with DMC's proc. And, I usually use my synapse springs during beginning/end of conservation phase, macroed with Flame Orb.
But I have been reading a little been and am starting to question when to use certain items/if mine are even what i should be using. Other trinkets I have are the Rune of Zeth, and the Moonwell chalice, and i should be able to get a mirror easily enough if needed and I'm assuming Soul Casket isn't strong enough.

In my mind (that i own)
1: Serpent
2: DMC
3: Mirror
4: Moonwell
5: Rune(never really heard anything good about it, but i thought i would ask)

With my current set up is Serpent still worth holding onto? It's consistently shows up really high on sims, like askmrrobot or rawr, but its ilvl kinda worries me and it shares a cd with the engineering enchant.

Is engineering even worth keeping since I cant use the springs in the burn phase? Or should I try to work around it? Would double passive trinkets like DMC:V and Mirror be better with synapse on burn than my current set up?

Is Moonwell is worth using, and when am i supposed to use it? Conservation phase?

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazjatar/Knickknackz/simple
-Thanks