Deleted

A "help me not suck" request

I know fire mages aren't in an awesome state atm, but recently I've been wondering if I can't get more out of my mage (perhaps since I lost my T11 4pc superspeedboost). Be grateful of some feedback to help me improve!

www[.]worldoflogs[.]com/reports/rt-t469rittv2gn9cr6/dashboard/?s=1780&e=2181

eu.battle[.]net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Mendeleev/advanced

(Sorry, I can't post links )

I'm not sure about the amount of haste I have atm, and I'm also no sure if it's worth breaking my T11 2pc for the T12 chest without shoulders yet. I suspect not but that token proves elusive! Ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendeleev View Post
    get more out of my mage
    May as well just spec frost or arcane.

Deleted
    That is some profound insight you have there, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    At first glance I see that your Living Bomb uptime is a mere 79.7% on Majordomo, getting that to >95% would give your DPS some extra kick. You're not spreading Combustion to the Spirit of Flame either. I know that it takes some luck to get that right since it's all RNG, but if you have the pooprtunity to do it, then do so.

It's been a while since I raided, as I've taken/am on a break from it so I'm not sure what the Fireball to Scorch ratio usually is on Majordomo, but are you casting Scorch too much, are you moving more than you absolutely have to? Remember that even if you can Scorch on the move, it's still a significant DPS loss when compared to casting Fireballs instead.

Hopefully this rambling was of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskye View Post
    Remember that even if you can Scorch on the move, it's still a significant DPS loss when compared to casting Fireballs instead.
    You can't cast Fireball while moving last I checked, so casting Scorch while moving should never be a dps loss compared to not casting anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant was that if he moves around more than he absolutely needs to, it is ultimately a DPS loss. My reasoning behind saying that is the fact that standing still while casting Fireball does more damage than moving while casting Scorch. :-) Sorry if that wasn't clear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's no reason to play Fire on that fight. Movement is minimal and casting one ABarrage is more than enough in most cases to cover your movement if you position yourself correctly.

With 365 ilvl on our first kill I had 23.5k as Arcane. Maybe different trinkets/gearing choices would reduce the deficit but you should really look into trying Arcane. Going Arcane and playing it averagely (on single target) will still give you far superior dps to playing Fire optimally, which I doubt you really are if you want help.

Deleted
    Uptime noted.. and I'll keep an eye on my scorch/fireball thing.. you might be right, I could be scorching in anticipation of not finishing a fireball unnecessarily.

I anticipated the "respec" posts. I'll just leave them where they are.

"which I doubt you really are if you want help. "
    Imo, there is *always* room for improvement. It would be naive to believe I (or you) was playing absolutely optimally. A fresh pair of eyes can help, imo.