Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would never sacrifice the points for silence as it is 0 DPS gain. In 5 man dungeons and 10 man raids, almost every other class will have an interrupt/counterspell/silence button to use instead of you.
    The mana loss by dropping the points from masochism will eventually be translated in a DPS loss for you. I am not saying that having silence is bad, but there is no need to sacrifice our dps to have it...

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcroZZGrGdMkMd0fo That's your build, you do not want to drop veiled at any point now when the new t12 bonuses are out.

If you have a Protection Warrior it might be more useful for them to spec into Gag Order rather than you swapping out talents to pick up a Silence. But some of these builds in here look pretty strong.

using death above 25% is a dps loss... if you're struggling on mana and have to use death to get it back then you're doing something wrong.....
    if you're taking more than 10% of your health in damage in t11 raids .. you're probably standing in bad stuff and should move..
    if you're in FL... you shouldn't have mana issues in correct ilvl gear.

I feel inclined to agree with Alphamage on this issue. A 45 second silence pales in comparison to the silences achievable by melee classes. I can see how raid comp might be a factor, but if you have a melee with interrupts and silences, there's no motivation to sacrifice any other talents for silence. If you time SW: D right while keeping an eye on your health, it's no issue on any fight except Baleroc (and that's if you're in the crystal rotation). Veiled shadows gives you just a bit of DPS gain through SF, but it's still a DPS gain.

All that said, if you really need/want an interrupt for PVE, go for it.

@Alenoria: Mana can be a pain in the ass on Shannox if you're multidotting all 3 targets. However, I agree that SW: D isn't great for that mana situation; I'd prefer SF, Veiled Shadows, and the t12 2 piece are awesome for that issue. There's also multidotting the spinners and drone for Beth (possibly AOE'ing the spiderlings on top of that) and keeping equal DoTs up on Ryolith's legs if you're on add duty. "correct ilvl gear" is incredibly vague and doesn't really acknowledge that the role for an spriest in any given fight will depend on raid comp. If your role allows you to multidot, mana management becomes much more important than if you're assigned to burn one target. SW: D certainly isn't an optimal way to get mana back, but if you need to go crazy on tossing out DoTs because your group requires it, every bit helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowtal.com/#k=_5FF4fjN.b0w.priest.

This is the build I raid with. I skipped over imp mind blast because I rarely get 3 shadow orbs before the cooldown runs out, and never use mind blast until Empowered Shadows is running low unless I get 3 orbs. I also picked pws over mental agility because I never have mana issues, and I can help out healers if I'm getting low and they're in a squeeze. I'm just about dps optimized and have utility. Psychic horror isn't super useful in FL, but it's always nice to have a disarm around, as very few classes have one, and almost no one has a horrify effect, so it's kind of like a short stun without diminishing returns. Paralysis is my extra point, I couldn't think of anywhere else I particularly wanted it or didn't want it.
    ^infraction

I wouldn't take points out of Imp Mind Blast, since you pretty much want to cast MB on cd, instead of waiting for 3 orbs or when ES is almost running out.