My SSD cant add up.

So I was just browsing around my Hard drives and clearing up a bit when I came across my SSD says it filled up more then I can find.

From these images It says I have 22.9GB free out of 59.6GB, But when I select all the files it says I only used 24GB. Now If my math is right 59.6GB - 24GB = 35.6GB, So really I should have 35.6GB free instead of 22.9GB?
    Maybe I'm being stupid and missing a file that or something? Or something in the SSD that takes up a lot of room?
    I'm confused any help is welcome.

Deleted
    Do you have hidden folders and files showing?

Also I don't know about SSD's but filling a harddrive seriously affects performance.

Hidden files most likely

Hidden files maybe? not sure though. I'm more of a hardware guy

Deleted
    Hidden and system files. Stuff such as the hibernation and pagefile can easily take up 10-20 gigabytes and they will not show up by default, in addition to the contents of the Recycle Bin.

I have Hidden Files enabled and they are included.

http://windirstat.info/

Try that. It'll show you exactly what's on your drive, how much space everything is taking up etc..

It's probably mostly in System Restore points and shadow copies of various files. Clean those out and you should get your gigs back.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Its proberly your OS if its installed on that, the "safe recovery backup partition". If not, its proberly your bookmarks, deleted things that can be restored from running Harddrive recovery. Or its a virus that is eating up your free partition.. safe to say, run a virus scan and a harddisk clean up

Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    http://windirstat.info/

Try that. It'll show you exactly what's on your drive, how much space everything is taking up etc..
    Thats awesome, I found 2 files, 1 is 6Gb 1 is 8Gb

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can I delete them and If I can how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilson8 View Post
    Can I delete them and If I can how?
    Those two are the earlier mentioned "Pagefile" and "Hibernation file" - System files. (Which means you didn't enable the setting to show them)

As system files, both must be disabled through system configurations.

Disabling/Enabling Hibernation File:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730

As for the pagefile;
    "To set these values, click System, click Advanced system settings, and then click Settings under Performance." Navigate over to the advanced tab, then click Change under Virtual Memory.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-08-12 at 04:12 PM.

Pagefile is for swapping virtual memory, I'm not sure why an SSD would even need one of those. You should be able to edit that in system settings.

You can delete the hibernation profile through disk cleanup if you want, but your devices won't be able to enter power-saving modes anymore.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Never remove the page file. It has nothing to do with having an SSD.

Disabling hibernation is worth it.

It seemed to work, deleted both files. Thanks for the help guys! (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    Never remove the page file. It has nothing to do with having an SSD.
    But has a lot to do with having a short lived SSD.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilson8 View Post
    It seemed to work, deleted both files. Thanks for the help guys! (Y)
    Uhm...

Delete as in select them and press the delete key...?
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But has a lot to do with having a short lived SSD.
    Your machine should not be writing to the page file that often and SSDs, even when writing over 10GB of data per day (and writing that much is a bit of a stretch for the average user anyway), have enough write cycles to last over 10 years before you start burning out the nand.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Uhm...

Delete as in select them and press the delete key...?
    No, I did the steps as DarkXale suggested.