Poll: Which spec do you mainly play a paladin to play?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is you PRIMARY spec?

Yes of course you may have 2 specs you switch between and may respec often to fill certain roles but what is the main spec you play a paladin to be, holy, prot, or ret?

15+ Year Old Account
    I made this same poll back in late Wrath of the Lich King when we were waiting for Cataclysm release. My question was: "What will be your Paladin's spec for Cataclysm?". I'll link it here, so we can compare numbers back then with today's numbers.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Paladin-spec
    Last edited by iLive; 2011-08-12 at 06:23 PM.

Protection.

Because of my guilds lack of tanks had to change mains from my everyday elemental shaman since my 1st day in wow and been loving it. My Paladin is now my love for this game!

Maybe i cant be hammerdin, zealadin, smiter or some vengence convinction combo from old times, but i will be killing people as paladin in blizzard games, on one way or another. (Well at least untill next blizz game where i will unfortunately have to go to closest thing we have - monk :/ )

i recently rolled a paladin alt to i could finally have a healing class to mess with in pvp (warrior main/rogue alt for the last 7 years playing this game never really had a healer) so i mainly rolled it for holy pvp but i've been leveling as prot instance grinding and holy crap i am in love with tanking on this thing. SO much better than my warrior.

Back in Wrath it was Holy PvE, now its Ret PvE
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy DPS.

I love out-DPSings people in heroics with it.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Protection PvE.

Something tells me that Ret is going to take a nose dive compared to last poll.

Holy PVE since 2005. Don't think it will change either as I suppose that's what I'm most competent at.

Although, I have never tried to raid with any other Spec I must admit.

Some weird H Rag healing spec.

I leveled as Ret back in BC, went Prot but missed out on any major raiding. Went back to ret to level in WoTLK and Prot for raiding.
    Was prot up until ulduar when i deployed to iraq. Came home and switched toons, went back to my pally as ret in cata and just recently through
    together a prot set to help tank in my guild.

lol why cant i select 3, I heal dps and tank for my guild and sometimes although rare in the same night. Mostly I'm ms ret os holy for the fights we need an extra heal

Holy PVE all the way.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otinar View Post
    Protection.

Because of my guilds lack of tanks had to change mains from my everyday elemental shaman since my 1st day in wow and been loving it. My Paladin is now my love for this game!
    Same story; I originally played feral kitty DPS but switched to Elemental Shaman for Cata to try something new; our guild tank exploded on Nefarian and I volunteered to main-change to my protadin to "help out 'til we got a replacement" .. am still playing the pally 3 months later.

Deleted
    Prot PvE. The spec that I've had since lvl 10.
    Well okay, I was effectively Ret for T11 since our guild had plenty of tanks, but once T12 rolled around, found myself as the guilds main tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy PvE for me. I suck at tanking so my other spec is Ret PvE.

I *TRY* to be mainspec Ret. I really do. But We're always short a tank, so I end up tanking all the time. Thankfully, my RBG team has learned to stop asking me to FC because I'm possibly the worlds worst PvP Prot Paladin.

As for my actual talent spec, it's a non-standard build, because I tank and play Ret PvE and PvP all the friggin time. It's good enough for both. Just shook an extra point loose so I can get 1/2 Acts of Sacrifice and 2/2 Selfless healer, mainly so I can WoG myself when the shit hits the fan. Screw being an offhealer, my job is to murder the enemy, and I do my job well. We bring healers to heal people.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy PvE / Holy PvP! Tho I do a fair bit of tanking but I've always just stayed with Holy as my main-spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    PROTECTION since lv 10 back in TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I made this same poll back in late Wrath of the Lich King when we were waiting for
    We can't make the PvP to PvE comparison, but it's obvious the community isn't too happy about Ret compared to how they used to think in WotLK.